Alignment of Regulars and not so regulars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Nov 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Got a Lawful Neutral rating after I took this test. Which was right before I got through fucking sis, so I think that the test is sorta "bare-bones".

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh my, I made the second test just now. This is the result I got:

Lawful Good Elf Bard Paladin
    Follower Of Oghma

Well, at least I got the right race according to my forum name. :)

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Shit, on that second test you suggested DE I got Human Chaotic Evil Ranger Fighter, Follower of Talos (who did sound like a pretty cool god actually).

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    Hahaha. Why, just why am I not surprised? :D

Fancy that... par definition the two of us should hate each other beyond remorse. Might I ask that you change your evil ways villainee, or else I have to smite you!!!*

*How I accomplish that without a nifty banning button, I'll never know...

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hmmm. I got Neutral Good on the first and Lawful Good Elf Mage Bard Follower of Mystra on the second.

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Hmmm indeed. I ended up with Chaotic Evil and a Neutral Good Human Ranger Thief worshiping some hippie god called Mielikki.

7. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Like Sigurd said before, Sigurd got Neutral Good on the first test. On the second, Sigurd got Chaotic Good Human Ranger Fighter, follower of Shaundakal, the god of travel and exploration. Sigurd like's the second results better.

EDIT: Haha, I thwarted Dark Elf's efforts at ruining my English!

8. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

I got Lawful Good on that test, though I think Might be closer to true neutral in the forum, and I got a true neutral half-elven ranger on the AD&D quiz.

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Dark Elf, your alignment must be wrong. Really, you should have gotten Sadistic Evil Annoyer, or something of the sort. A goody guy wouldn't torture language the way you have...

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    So you implore that I'm not good eh? Oh, I see. You mean that good people don't violate the English language. Very true: most right and proper, I'm sure, and I'm very glad you have been taught not to do it. But of course you must understand that rules of that sort, however excellent they may be for people in general, can't possibly be expected to apply to profound students and great thinkers and sages. No Silvara. Men like me, who possess hidden wisdom, are freed from common rules. Ours is the path of the greater good, but I guess it's presumptous to ask that mere simpletons would understand that.

:lol:

Quoting Lewis... for fuck sake, what am I really doing today?

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Knew it! That's from The Chronicles of Narnia, The Magician's Nephew. Didn't know you liked that kind of books. Or that you read, for that matter.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    Actually, I don't. I lent it from the library just for the sake of it (some say they're good, so I thought, what the fuck...). Never came around reading more than the first chapter though.

Guess I have to return it soon. I've begun to get those nasty letters saying I have to return the book to the library otherwise they'll send me a bill. Oh bloody bother....

13. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

You Philistine of literature! How can you only read part of any of the hallowed Chronicles! Sigurd has read the entire septenary five times or so. They are excellent pieces of writing. Clive Staples Lewis, better known as Jack, was a good friend of J.R.R. Tolkien, and both were members of the Inklings, a secret writer's society at Oxford. Tolkien criticized Lewis for "jumping right in" to his fantsy world, so to speak, rather than taking the time to fully develop it before writing in it, like Tolkien did. Sigurd agrees with Tolkien on that, but Lewis' work is wonderful, nonetheless.

14. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Did you begin the series with that book, DE? Chronologically it may be the first, but it's really better to read them in the order C.S.Lewis wrote them - starting with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. And yes Sigurd, they are wonderful books.

15. Settler

Settler Member

Aye read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and the "Silver Chair" book (the name escapes me) in Prep, but never got around to reading the rest...suppose aye really should take the time now...

16. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Defintly, read the rest. The book is called "The Silver Chair."

17. Settler

Settler Member

Well, aye thought TLTWATW was fantastic, probably my favourite book for the next few years after reading it...unfortunately, aye don't remember much of The Silver Chair...

18. Silvara

Silvara New Member

If you do, try and read them in the order they were written, not the chronological one (which appears in the newer editions). It is: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - Prince Caspian - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - The Silver Chair - The Horse and His Boy - The Magician's Nephew - The Last Battle.

19. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Sigurd, DE, Silvara, and somewhat Settler- stop spamming. This whole thread has been you guys going back and forth, and it needs to stop. This isn't a chat, if you want to do that, get on IRC, but please don't spam up other's threads.

20. Wolf

Wolf New Member

You call that spamming? Stingy.

Anyway could someone direct me to this second test. Like the direct link.

Our Host!