Afterwards failed dialog (quest)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by symban, Mar 22, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. symban

symban New Member

in Quintarra I noticed to have failed a dialog with Ivory
    for the quest of Rolmund's crime of Wrath's murder and Sharpe
    She now not speaking to me anymore, I just hoped being master in Persuasion would somehow drop this condition and she would initiate a dialog again, but unfortunately all she says is "I do not wish to speak any further". Unless I speak with her I can not proceed in the quest the way I want to. Is there ANY methods to force to dialog me again? and unfortunately I dont have any saves neither (that event happened loooong ago, I waited for persuasion mastery). Thanks in advance

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

IIRC, you have to steal stuff from a container nearby in order to continue the quest.

3. symban

symban New Member

You mean the emptied vial of poison in the vase behind her.

Already have the poisoned glass and the empty vial in my inventory and she does not initiate a dialog. I pushed her a little about Scarce being the possible murderer, and now she does not speak anymore.

I tried Elixir of Hypnotic Persuasion (thought maybe I could access some dialog as I can speak to dominated), but no real dialog options only trade and commands.

Tried force good reaction through Fate point, but even though the fate point is wasted she does not speak to me (and her reaction stays same)

I am master persuasion with 20 CHA but no effect here neither.

even tried forcing combat with her then using the fate point but still no use.

Desperately looking for help, thanks

4. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Don't you have enough evidence already? Talk to the guard?

5. symban

symban New Member

then they will go and catch Scarce for the murder, however he didnt do it.

Wrath was in love with Ivory, and knowing that Scarce's marriage sort of life with Ivory was a radical act in elven tradition, he killed himself with a poison he bought from Scarce knowing that this would put blame on Scarce based on their prior tendency of bending elven tradition (where not killing another elf is also a tradition). Wrath was unbalanced for the last 50 years and he ended up pulling this show as his final act.

I can clear both names of Scarce and Rolmund, but if I cant speak with Ivory to get this quotes, I can only frame Scarce. He appears as a shopkeeper if you clear his name as well.

Therefore my quest is currently stuck unless I can find a way to initiate dialog with Ivory.

6. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

Grab a conjure spirit scroll if you don't have the spell already and taunt the dead cranky elf with the evidence. Therein lies your solution. As I recall it's worth a fate point if you complete it this way.

7. symban

symban New Member

thought of that too, but two reasons prevented me from doing so;

Having 100 TA (in Qintarra still 100) and more importantly after looting the poisoned glass from the corpse of Wrath the corpse vanished due to time passed.

really looking forward to initiate the dialog /or/ find a way to proceed in the quest without framing wrong people.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It doesn't work that way.

The only things you can talk about with Wrath's spirit are the few questions you can ask before learning the truth (as well as during the process of learning it) and telling him you know he killed himself after figuring it out during a dialogue with Ivory. There are no new dialogue options in between.

The fate point is given for telling the guard that Wrath killed himself to frame Sharpe = clearing the name of both Jormund and Sharpe. Figuring it out during a conversation with Ivory is the only way to learn it, too.

I'm afraid there's no way to convince her to speak with you anymore. You can either frame Sharpe or abandon the quest.

Ivory is a touchy soul, one has to either avoid blatant accusations and immediately end the conversation the moment she says she had enough or deal with her silence.

9. NotDedYet

NotDedYet New Member

Ah I see, perhaps I was reading too far into the snarky hint given to me via that idoms and tropes site.

Now hopefully the one about angry grizzlies wasn't sarcasm on their part. I've been trying my best to lure a few to unleash upon an unsuspecting housekeeper over at Lil's.

Our Host!