Adding Critters in arcanum with WorldED

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Oracle, Jun 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

I'm trying to put a critter (stillwater giant) in arcanum at a difrent location. However it seems you need to make your own critters. starting with the looks then the righ stats etc. What I want is to be able to click on a critter that has the correct looks and stats.

In my case with the stillwater gaint is slight more difficult because it cases form from bunny to giant. Its not possible to copy the stillwater giant sinds its a random encounter (atleast not with my knowledge)

sorry for the vaque explantation I had a hard time writing it in english.

Anyone has some ideas that lets me make a identical clone of the stillwater giants (from blue bunny that transform to the stillwater giant and the same stats)

I think makeing him in WorldED by selecting the right options is doable but I have no clue what or not to select in WorldED.

Help is apriciated.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

If I understand you correctly, you're wanting to place a blue bunny somewhere and have it transform into the Stillwater Giant.

OK - If you haven't done so already, create a shortcut for WorldEd onto your desktop. Then right-click the shortcut to bring up a menu. Left-click on Properties. Click on the Shortcut tab. Where it says Target, add this to the end of the text: (space)-unassigned. By (space), I mean hit the space bar.

Close the menu and start WorldEd from the shortcut. You now have access to all the unlisted critters, weapons, armor, etc. that wasn't in the choices before. Go to the critters tab, scroll down to the Unassigned NPCs section. Scroll through the choices until you come to the blue bunny. Place the bunny where you want. The scripting you need is already in encoded.

I must admit, I haven't tried the blue bunny myself, but this should do the trick. Let me know if it does.

3. Oracle

Oracle Member

Thanks for the help :)

I already wondered why not all the critters could be found.
    As for the blue bunny, I placed it on the map, but in game it still doesn't apear. I get the feeling that when I would had delived the fake pelt to the elf in stillwater, the blue bunny would pop up.

Now I can place the Stillwater Giant back in the game. I already put one in that i made my self, but this is allot better.

Thanks man, you really helped me out here :thumbup:

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Our Host!