Action Points in Turn based

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solid Snake, May 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid Snake

Solid Snake New Member

Guys! Obviously I'm playing Arcanum Demo for only a couple of hours, and I still can't figure out (maybe because my game runs TOOOO slow!... :smile: - HOW can you say - how many action points will some action take?

In Fallout everything was damn clear - you are holding a weapon and seing, how much APs does it take to perform some action. Here you just don't see anything! Some crappy set of blinking red and green dots!...

Please, someone, explain to me how to control my guy properly - how can I estimate, which action I can perform and which I can NOT.

Thanks.

2. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Aaaah yeah
    This confused me too

The redish dots are the points that will be used when you do your action
    The even redder dots indicate action points that would be used, but you don't have enough action points
    If you use the redder dots, you lose 2 Fat

If you are utterly confused, just ignore the bit about the redder dots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wojit on 2001-05-10 02:17 ]</font>

3. Solid Snake

Solid Snake New Member

Thanks, man. Maybe anybody else could give us more precise information on the subj?

If you have "red dots" to see what you can do, then how can you say for sure that your sword takes, i.e. 3 APs to produce a hit, and not 5? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm getting very much dissapointed with this crappy "intuitive" combat system... :sad:

4. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Err...
    I'm not sure what the question is... But if you had 2 AP, and your sword took 3 AP to use, you would see two reddish dot and one redder one
    If your sword took 5 AP to use you would see 2 reddish dots and 3 redder dots

I think the whole redder dots thing is quite stupid, considering that regardless of how many redder dots you use, you still only lose 2 Fat

5. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

imo, you should loose as much fatigue as you over use the AP(2 really red dots, well you loose 2, 1 you loose 1, 6 and you loose 6 etc.

i actually like the way its done, sure it can be annoying to count all the dots, but its even worse when you have a few that you can't use á fallout(sure it went into AC, but its not the same anyway).

6. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Yes... I often found myself thinking "Ooh! I have one free AP! I'd better take one step towards or away from him!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!