Across the mountains?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zen, May 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zen

Zen New Member

Is there a way of getting past the mountainranges that seperate the lower quarter of the continent from the rest of Arcanum, and is ther a way into the Vendigroth wastes? Will the use of a boat, train or other vehicles be required to traverse into these areas, thus saving us some exploration for the actual game?
    To be honest I haven`t got the patience to try a brisk "walk" around the southern or eastern edge of the ranges, but if anyone of you do possess the patience, share your knowledge.

Another thing is that the game ran great the first couple of days, then when I tried a character that had enough charisma to recruit Sogg, the game slowed almost to a halt at various locations within SH. Espescially indoors this lag is higly noticable. Before Sogg joined, the "temple" was the only "lag-place" I`ve experienced.
    Have anyone else had this problem?

- Zen

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zen on 2001-05-28 06:19 ]</font>

2. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I haven't found a way into the Vendigroth wastes either. I don't think you can get there in the demo.

To get around the south end of the mountain range, I go as far SW and try and get as close to the ocean as I can on the world map. From there I walk down to the ocean and then go west for a few minutes. When you go north and you get to the east/west river go as far east as you can on the world map then walk around the tip of the river and you are into the Glimmering Forest.

I went from here all the way over to the wastes and couldn't find a way in from up here either. Also, I found I couldn't get back into the Moriban(sp) Mountains from here. I had to go all the way around the map to get back to SH. The only good thing about this is the exp.

When in SH, the only time I have noticed, other than in the temple, the game slow down is when there is an invisible villager around. I find this will affect the speed inside the shop if it is close enough to you.

3. Zen

Zen New Member

Thanx Blunder!
    Even though I had some trouble with your travel guide, you`ve been most helpful.

- Zen

4. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I'm glad it helped. After rereading it, I guess I could have made it a bit clearer. Oops, sorry. :wink:

5. Wojit

Wojit New Member

Hey! Zen has a bow!
    RATS!!!!!!
    I mean... Er... Well done

6. Zen

Zen New Member

Feel the biting sting of my verbal arrows!! :grin:

I`m a Robin Hood incarnate...or something!

Not that the bow goes to my head or anything. :razz:

- Zen

7. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Look at my awesome hammer and phear me!

Oh and beyond the mountains I have yet to get but I hope there will be some mad good encounters

8. Zen

Zen New Member

Oy Jureel!
    I`m a dedly assassin, and unsurpassed marksman when it comes to the bow. Why should I fear a motormouthing carpenter? What could you possibly do? Throw your "almighty sledgehammer" at me?
    Pfft...
    :grin:

- Zen

9. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Well yeah but look out! *snuck up behind zen and broke his head open* oopsies, oh look my hammer did it

10. Blunder

Blunder New Member

Nasty, nasty, nasty, but I guess someone had to do it. Just plain nasty!

11. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Of course someone had to, and it had to be me *hammer drops on blunders head killing him* uh oh there goes mister mace

12. Blunder

Blunder New Member

At least you didn't say you were going to backstab with your hammer. I've seen that comment before and it looks funny. That's two people are gone now. Will somebody not take Jureel out before he gets control of the whole board as it appears Zen and I have been incapacitated and who knows when this spree will end. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blunder on 2001-05-31 11:45 ]</font>

13. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

14. Blunder

Blunder New Member

I don't know if Zen and I should feel blessed that we are the only two members of your "you've been bonked to death club" or disappointed that we won't have more people to talk to in the afterlife. :grin:

15. omnipotent_256

omnipotent_256 New Member

the sword is the coolest!!! and the only places i slow down are near the bessie toone mine, and up near that elven healers place

16. Wojit

Wojit New Member

I only slowed down in the cathedral, but I never went beyond the river

17. Zen

Zen New Member

I must say I`d rather enjoy your company in the afterlife Blunder, and since it`s Jureel who swings the ticketstamper I predict we won`t be alone for long. :wink:

Can a huge amount of savegames slow the game down? I seem to remember reading that somewhere, but somehow it also seems extremely unlikely!

- Zen

18. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Theoriticly it oculd, but I won't get into that :grin:

*swings his hammer and smacks wojit's head off his body* There you guys have someone else to play with in the afterlife

That didn't come out right

19. Blunder

Blunder New Member

Thanks Zen - Just have to remember to bring our 'puters and crossed cat 5 cable and we can keep playing. :smile:

Having too many saved games wouldn't cause my system to slow down, it would cause the game to dump me back to the desktop. This would happen at around 12-13 saves. I delete 1/2 of them and the system would work fine again. That was also with quite a few GB of free space.

20. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

that seems to be a recurring problem: too many save games

Our Host!