AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Oct 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

How important is/are good teeth and/or smile?

1. Extremely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Extremely-if sex/relationship/marriage is in the equation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Somewhat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Somewhat-if sex/relationship/marriage is in the equation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Not at all-if sex/relationship/marriage is in the equation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. How good looking are they?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I have just recently undergone the procedures of getting enough metal to receive radio signals inserted/attached/wrapped aroung my teeth(for anyone still wondering its braces)

The lovely thing thing about them is that they have torn my mouth and toungue all to hell, my teeth hurt so much that I have consumed an entire bottle of Tylenol(500 caplets of 500mg) in the past month; just to end up with a 'Julia Roberts smile.'

And here's the kicker at one point my wife, the woman who is supposed to love me no matter how I look, act etc.(think 'for better or for worse'), told me this brief statement: 'At least you'll be more attractive'

TO WHO? MY SECOND WIFE? MY GIRLFRIEND? MY ORTHIDONTIST? THE POTS AND PANS I USE AT WORK? Because I know she didn't mean to her since I obviously looked good enough to sleep with and marry. Perhaps it was a Freudian slip, or perhaps I was/am a consolation prize.

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Yes. No one likes you because of your teeth. Your personality, intellect, or anything else is ignored from the equation because of your teeth.

Dude, get real and don't be so self-concious. Braces do hurt like a bitch, I don't think they are worth it, but if you got em, don't worry about it. If your girl is going to get on you because you have some metal in your mouth, tell her to back off.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

actaully i had various orthodontia from the age of 13 to the age of 17, and i hated it, i'd never where the rubber bands etc because theyd make my guns (<edit> gums, sorry, lol) bleed or something, when i got my retainer i never wore it and 1 of my bottom teeth moved (FUCK YOU MOM AND DAD! or at least thats what i thought at the time) but my upper teeth are still perfect, and is actually something i've been complimented on numerous times since then by a number of different girls... so i guess who are we to guess what the opposite sex likes or dislikes? i suggest whitening strips too, and mouth wash.

think of it this way... would you eat sushi if it had a little piece of black something stuck between the rice? or if the rice was yellow? or if it had hallitosis? think of oral hygeine as preparing food for someone else to eat.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hey, teeth ain't everything. My teeth are yellow (always been, ever since they grew out of my gums) and the way they are arranged looks like they've been thrown in by an one-armed drunkard from 30 meters distance. However, nobody has complained so far, so I guess my extraordinary personality makes up for that.

I mean, just take a look at good old Shane here. He's a hero, can probably get any chic he points at, and he has teeth that not even a mother could love:

[​IMG]

Isn't that just lovely?

Good for you. I'd call you in if you treated your guns so badly.

PROVE IT!

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Don't you like the idea that you'll be more attractive to your wife? You just have some issues, cause getting pissed off because of such a comment is just plain stupid.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I'm going to start laughing about...now. Having been blessed with teeth that require no corrective surgery apart from getting my wisdom teeth out (which is pretty damn common) I find it very easy and satisfying to laugh at people with braces.

Welcome to Hell.

7. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

RP, two pieces of advice:
    1. do NOT allow any of your friends to convince you it would be a SMART thing to wire a radio through your braces... all it does is leave you feeling rather... drunk? that's not quite right, but something akin to that...
    2.maybe it was a suggestion that you should become a poligimist and get a second wife (not like it's illegal or anything :roll: ) or maybe just a mistress... which ever suits your fancy... :lol:

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Matt, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's right up there with 90% of your other posts.

No, I'll admit, having nice teeth might be good for a first impression, but your wife isn't going to really care, unless you somehow married her, yet couldn't get past physical appearance. Don't scoff, it happens all the time in Hollywood. She liked you when your teeth looked like shit, she'll like you when they look like the grate to a car, and she'll like you when you get the braces off.

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I don't know much about braces (I never needed them either) but aren't they supposed to be used during childhood and adolescence? I mean, when your teeth haven't finished their development and can be corrected?
    About your wife's comment - perhaps she was just trying to console you, and she could think of nothing else to say. There isn't such a huge amount of positive things to say about braces.

10. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I see that 'venting' was entirely taken in the wrong fashion. Two things you must know about my wife and I:

She is quite the smartass

I am quite the smartass

Henceforth the previous statement made by my wife about being more attractive after the braces has in no way affected my self esteem, how I feel about her, or any thing else! It was a very good jab on her part, and I bow to her quick and cutting wit.

btw - Silvara
    maybe you should you educate yourself about orthodontics (ever hear/see Brett Favre having braces?)

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Trust me RPJunkie, this isn't the first time and it won't be the last time that sarcasm goes completely over everyone's heads in this forum.

As for me, I had braces twice and have had my wisdom teeth out. I now have very sexy teeth that make girls wet. :pacman: :hump:

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, I did say I didn't know much about the things. And I don't know who Brett Favre is, so I can't understand what you meant. But I didn't mean that adults weren't supposed to wear them, just that all the people I know who wear braces are children/teens, and I had gotten the idea that it was best to have them at that age.

13. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Yes most people that have orthodontic work done do have it done at a young age when teeth are more apt to move/move easier, as well as faster.

btw - Brett Favre is/was an NFL quarterback for the GreenBay Packers who had braces at 35-ish. AND these things(braces) suck major ass; in the first 24hrs they have shredded the inside of my mouth (which now looks something similar to hamburger), given me a constant headache, and not to mention that me friggin teeth hurt so bad that applesauce is about the only thing that I can chew! :cry:

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

you could get those clear plastic retainer thingys, i dont know if they work or not, but i've seen commercials, and they are out there if you want a less visible alternative. you live in the states right?

15. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Clear Plastic Retainer thingies are called invisalign, and yes, the do work.
    However, you have to take them out whenever you want to eat, which is annoying as hell.
    They will not shred your mouth up (no metal) but they apply pressure basically the same way, so they will still cause the headaches and such.

Our Host!