A reverse in roles........

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The_Malus_Monkey, Dec 22, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

I had an idea as I was reading some other peoples' inovations as to what the next Arcanum should be like, and no one has mentioned this I think.

In Arcanum 2 it should be thousands of years in the future(I know this has been said) and the cycle of Magick vs. Tech should now be turned 180 degrees around. Magick has been all but fogoten in the land of Arcanum, the elves are now mythical creatures that have secluded themselves in the forests of the world and now most dont even think they exist! Also now every city should be about 100 years behind us in Tech, meaning large semi-modern cities but there still are a fair number of Blackrootish type places, clinging to the "old ways". As for Tech/Magick, magick should now just begin to start emerging, random things start happening when people get mad or desperate. Those who exhibit "Unnatural" abilities are persecuted or just generally not liked. There are a few people, far in the corners of the world, that still practice magick, but they are unknown to most. I am unsure of the story line that should be run in this world but the background has been set.

Oh yes, and the reson for Vendigroth not making a huge appearance is the fact that they have stayed secluded since their rebirth.

2. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

You were right about already been said, but it's either this or being flamed for gravedigging.

3. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

LOL, I rather like this idea, the Magic/Tech cycle is always a favorite of mine.

4. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

I was also thinking of having Tech be a bit overpowered and having uber Tech devices of old lying around instead of magick stuff (Think about all of the magick type stuff) and Magick being the "New hip" thingy that traditionalists hate.

Our Host!