A question from a nooblet.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mercury, Dec 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Ive been hearing about these arcane items. Are they just stuff that are enchanted(that you can purchase in the magick shops) or something else completely?

I opened an "arcane chest" and found a sword that dealt 10-30 damage along with a chance of casting something. Was this an arcane item? I dont see a difference from a normally enchanted weapon.

2. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

This way arcaned items and enchanted are the smae, but the last are just more strong. You can't get them in SHOPS, but you could get some from old women. The technique is like this: 1.Check if there's arcaned items in her 2. If not (very possibly), then go some distance from her so that she wouldn't be seen 3.Wait for a day. You can notice items have changed 4. Go on and on in this manner. One day, if you're lucky enough, you can buy arcaned item. It's about 10000-20000 to be spent.

It's the way you should collect full arcaned armor and weapons.

This works in my version, but I think your will be also appropriate. The other place you can find them is in good chests when your level is >30.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Arcane weapons are the same as other magic weapons, except that their magickal bonuses (like damage) are higher. All Arcane weapons also give you a mana bonus for casting spells (up to +80 mana on an Arcane staff). Arcane armor doesn't give you a mana bonus, it is just a stronger version of ordinary magic armor.

Arcane armor cannot be bought in a magic shop, it can only be bought from Wise Women or found in chests at random.

Our Host!