A Question for Feldon Kane,Otto Krupp and other "masters".

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Raziell777, Feb 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raziell777

Raziell777 New Member

I suppose that you beat the game more than 5 times.True?Or not,never mind.I wanted to ask you what keeps you going all again,again,again,again and again.I mean,I beat the game 4 times and I'm actualy bored.I don't read anymore dialoges because I know the answers and I don't do side quests(like Blackroot taxes)'cos they take my time. How can you play? What do you do to make your "new" game more interesting?

2. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Master? I fell out of my chair laughing when I saw that!

To be honest I've only beat the game once and that was this week. I've had 2 games where I was more 2/3 of the way through when I lost them. And quite a few different characters I played up to around level 30 before abandoning them.

I got as a christmas present for myself in December and since then I had to reformat due to a having a bad stick of RAM and lost my game. Then again last month I finally got Win98SE so I reformatted again. In between the reformats I've un/reinstalled the game I don't know how many times just to be sure it wasn't corrupted as my little experiments have caused a lot of crashes and DTD's early on. I think I've spent as much or more time researching the game files as I have playing it.

Now I'm going to keep playing it because there is simply so much to do in this game. I've only really played good tech characters and primarily dwarves. That leaves an lot of different character/race/alignment options to try out. And of course I still haven't found everyplace, NPC and done every quest. And even the quests I finished there were some where I could tell my solution wasn't the best.

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Good question. And I'm no "Master". I've only played the game to the end twice, once good, once evil. Like Otto, I've abandoned a lot of games, and I've lost many due to corrupted files. I play now and then, until I achieve a certain goal, and then I put it away for a while. Each character I create is unique in some way. The game has lots of options. My most recent character's only ability is throwing. I want to see how tough I can make the game for myself.
    And I want every damn penny's worth of what I paid for the game.
    Now, if you start modifying the game too much, I can see how it would get old in a hurry.
    I haven't even started on the mods, yet!

4. Lethran

Lethran New Member

I like trying new combinations also. I like making odd combos and trying to make them work. You can't do all the different quests with only one character. Difficulty setting and non-optimal combos can make the game more challenging.

5. LostSoul

LostSoul New Member

I played the game twice, once as a pretty good character, the other as quite an evil one, both magic. Did start a Techie and two (three?) others, but haven't gotten far with them.

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

I try doing a lot of strange characters and making the game harder. I have never completed the game because of corrupted save files and abandoning some of the games. I messed up one game because I got the Vendrigoth Device early so I had to start over.

Our Host!