A question about followers and technology.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Gabby_Jay, Dec 31, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gabby_Jay

Gabby_Jay New Member

Beat the game with a premade mage and now I am making a tech human (good). I try to do some schematics, and it says I don't have the knowledge to do these schematics.... Where can I gain the knowledge?

And about followers: Who are all the followers? Where can I find them? Who compliment what class the best? I know magnus, the dog, virgil, sodd mead mogg and the halfling outside of the gate to the last continent (starts with a V, forget the name) are all followers, but I hear people talking about jayne? Some other people too. Can anyone help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gabby_Jay on 2001-12-30 19:02 ]</font>

2. Odi

Odi New Member

When you can afford it, head over to the Tarant University and buy up those manuals in the fields of study you will be using. Each manual is 750 at retail and gives you a boost to create items you would otherwise need to apply more skill points towards (while in your backpack). Store the books in a persistant convenient chest (one which maintains the inventory you place within). When you find more schematics, head back to your storage site with the raw materials and crank away after adding the appropriate manuals again to your backpack.

Jayne Stiles is the healer in Dernholm.

Worthless Mutt and King Loghaire are great melee fighters. I keep Virgil around to heal them. I get healing skill and maintain Magnus' health. After picking most of the followers (while on the path for good), this is the team I end up using. The priest hanging out in the bar on the pier in BlackRoot does ok; but Virgil's and Magnus' chatter is enough for me. Maybe a list would be best...

1. Virgil (human magic healer and non magic healer/melee) at crash site.
    2. Sogg Meed (half ogre melee) at the Inn of Shrouded Hills.
    3. Jayne Stiles (half elf healer/melee) at her house in Dernholm.
    4. Volinger at the King's Inn/Pub in Derholm.
    5. Magnus (dwarf melee) outside the jewelers of Tarant.
    6. Priest (human mage/melee) inside the bar on the pier in BlackRoot.
    7. Worthless Mutt (dog melee) in Ashbury.
    8. Mage from Tulla (human mage/melee) outside of Wihloby's house in Tarant.
    9. Raven (elf bow/mage) at the Elven city of Quinterra.
    10. Dwarf mage inside his hut in Quinterra.
    11. King Loghaire (dwarf melee) in the King's chamber after he has been convinced to return to power.
    12. Sebastian (human melee/firearms) inside the bar of Tarant in the Boil.
    13. The Gnome (melee) at the bridge crossing into the Vendegroth Wastes.

I no doubt have missed a couple followers for good alignment; but I have had all of the above as a follower. I kept Sebastian long enough to make a few charged rings. There was a thread mentioning Bates' Ogre joining and Gar, the "intelligent Orc" too.

A special thanks to HED854 for the corrections.:smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Odi on 2001-12-31 01:01 ]</font>

3. HED854

HED854 New Member

Just a little correction to your post: Janya Stiles is in Dernholhm, not in Blackroot. And she is an Half-Elf.

And yes, you can have Gar (melee/dodge) and Chukka (melee/dodge). You can also have Zan Alurin, who's the "dark" equivalent of Raven.
    There's also a technologist in Blackroot who can build every lvl1 technological item.

And I think there's a complete list of possible followers on terra-arcanum's site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HED854 on 2001-12-30 23:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HED854 on 2001-12-30 23:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HED854 on 2001-12-30 23:25 ]</font>

4. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

You can buy books which increase ur knowledge of that particular expertise at the Tarant University(?). Jayna Stills is a half-elf technologist in a house in Dernholm. Anyway, the halfling which you are describing is Weldo Rubin, found at the Gateway of the Vendigroth Wastelands. He is good at lockpicking. What a stupid halfling, what type of halfling likes to adventure anyway, probably wants to mimick Bilbo Baggins :smile:.

5. Odi

Odi New Member

Aye! There is a vertically challenged NPC in the far room standing at a table who sells tech manuals for: explosives, smithing, chemistry, etc.. If you have the necessary raw materials and place in your backpack the appropriate number of manuals, I believe you can build anything off a found schematic. The books, besides taking up a bit of room, are heavy.

Running a mage, I keep them in the chest at BlackRoot for easy access. As a techie, its a pain without the portal spell; but usually store the manuals in the sewer room not far from the train station in Tarant.

6. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Our Host!