A proto editing guide

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Langolier, Oct 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Langolier

Langolier Member

Ok, Im more than likely getting WAY out of my league here...but I would desperatly like to learn how to edit the weapon protos so that I could improve the guns in Arcanum. I trie darkunderlord's site but the page was missing and I couldnt download the proto guide... I dont know where to find Ottokrupp's site. After digging in the forum I found a very old post by him that had a link to some notes he had made, but there was nothing there.......
    :-?
    I forgot that I had "WinHex". I found tutorial for making a sword of the Official Arcanum forum from some guy... Da Real Nasrudin. I've looked at it however I suppose it doesnt go into enough detail.. Also, the only offset that shows up is blue...and its very big... Oh blood and ashes! Why does this have to be so damn hard!?

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I have the stuff from Otto Krupps that I got from DarkUnderlord's site, but I'm still kind of in the dark about this proto editing to some degree. I've tried it and there seems to be a HUGE amount of information that no one knows yet or at least that they are not sharing. :minigun: I understand that Chris Beddoes is the guru of proto editing, so it would be really cool if he could post some kind of information about the prototype file structures to help the rest of us out.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, :ponder: but although I've managed to create new items, I can't seem to get them into the game. :x I still don't know what I'm doing wrong and some helpful hints from the master would sure be nice. 8) :roll:

Our Host!