A Notice

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Maniac, Jun 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I think LORE Team is bunch of arrogant snobs. Boasting their abilities and not even having anything to show for it. They can't even find a good host.

LORE:Team: Anouncment! Dungeon of Tactics demo is complete. Download it at.....................

Someone: it doesn't work.
    LORETeam: ooops. We'll look at that...........................It DOES work.
    Someone else: it doesn't.
    LORETeam: really? wait....oh yes it doesn't. Don't worry we'll fix it.

After a while. LORETeam: we can't fix it. Need new host............... FIN

Now that's just lame.

P.S. I won't eat my words :p

2. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

Well Maniac you seem to be angry because your not patient. Like HexRei said, there is criticism. So, without further or due, may I ask- What experience do YOU have with Mod Making? Do you understand how hard it is to rely and trust someone to host a module? Do you have any idea what your saying could easily get LORE disbanded? I mean. By saying "I wont eat my words" your basically saying "No one would host your module". If no one is going to even offer hosting our module I can say now it will be a while before we can. Now, what kind of host do we want? Were looking for someone who wont play it through then say "I'm not hosting it. It sucks.". The demo for DoT is pretty easy and hard near the end of floor two. We dont want someone who will take it then say "EVERYONE THIS MODULE SUCKS! IM NOT HOSTING IT! I HAVE IT AND IT SUCKS! EMAIL ME FOR IT TO SEE HOW SUCKY IT IS!" and then have that person modify it and send their version to whoever emails them. Paranoid? Yes. By sending our module to someone we dont even know all that well is just like handing out the blue-prints to a new game companies first MMORPG.

3. Jasper_Chen

Jasper_Chen New Member

maybe try asking the kind people at terra-arcanum?

4. Lore Development Team

Lore Development Team New Member

We fear we'd be bugging the community by asking TA too. We already asked TA to host our *public* forums.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't worry about bugging T-A, LORE. Hell, that's why T-A was setup in the first place. To create an Arcanum Community with forums, mods and the rest (Well, either that or it was to get an ego trip out of creating a web-site... But that sounds more like something I'd do :D ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!