A new mod is being made, post your ideas for it here.

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Peter Quincy, Dec 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I am creating a 'sequel' to Arcanum. It is going to take a very long time to create, but I hope the end result will be worth it. The plot is (very loosely) something like this:

-After Arcanum was saved (in game one) there was a brief golden age.
    -approximately 200 years after the age's dawn, there was a gigantic catastophe which affected all of Arcanum. (i.e. some sort of maic meteor)
    -Great secrets of both magic and technology were lost.
    -The elves and dwarves were pused to the edge of extinction and have retreated to their forests and mountains, respectively.
    -Humans have been forced to live in nomadic tribes and crude settlements.
    -The player is teleported forward in time, (from the middle of the golden age) and must now find out what has happened and attempt to rectify it.
    -This involves retrieving the Vendigroth Device for it can restore the knowledge of magic and technology and the balence betweeen the two.

That is the plot essentials as I currently have them. What I am asking is for other ideas, plot suggestions, etc that can fill in the rest of the story and bring together the mod. Just post all your ideas or e-mail me at tbraithwaite@keyschool.org

2. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

There should be a big war :akimbo: :minigun: and you would have to choose which side you were on.

3. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

here's some idea's

if you can this Idea is from th arcanum 2 post. naked people! that's right naked people that's what a few people have asked for if you can. most of us hope for. and some new weapons and a few new magical colleges

4. GiantRaven

GiantRaven New Member

The lost magickal college on the mural of enlightenment should have been found out and it creates an dangerous power and arcanum hangs on the edge of destruction.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want kids in the game!
    (me wants to see the halfling kids, quaterlings :D)

6. Serpentine

Serpentine New Member

I'm guessing that the war might be between nomadic tribes (races and factions), but there could be some subversive secret societies (a tech one and a magikal one) kind of like the Masons, which a PC could join, and discover compatriots in every city. Kind of like a secret war behind the known war, a spygame kind of thing which would spawn off various quests.

Our Host!