A Momentous Occasion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Apr 21, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Are you a breakfast person?

1. Yes, I at breakfast everyday.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I eat breakfast most days, but I skip it when I'm in a hurry.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I skip breakfast 9 times out of 10 (I'm usually in a hurry).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I never eat breakfast.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I'm browsing the forum, AND eating a bowl of cereal. This is a rare event because I usually don't eat... breakfast...

What am I eating you ask? "Special K: Red Berries." Sure its a lame name, but its damn good cereal.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If someone makes one for me, then I'm the biggest breakfast person on earth but sadly, it never happens.

3. Ezechiel

Ezechiel New Member

I always have my favorite bowl of Cheerios before i hop down to school. Well, at least I can't remember any occassion lately when I could not eat breakfest.

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I use to rise at 06.00 and make myself a nice pot of porridge. Or, if I'm feeling lazy or want some variation, some cereal or yoghurt. I could never dream of a day without breakfast.

Special K: Red Berries is some good shit, by the way. :)

6. Baal

Baal New Member

Breakfast… Hmmm… don’t remember that.

I usually don’t wake up before noon so my first meal is lunch, unless you count my 3:00AM meal as breakfast.

Living in San Diago all my life I’m starting to hate the sun, let’s just say rain is news worthy event here, and trees no trees just very combustible scrub brush.

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I always eat breakfast.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday the days with a "S" in I eat porridge with bananas and milk and the other days I eat müsli and sour milk.

I usually have some sandwiches too and a cup of green tea and now when it's winter a half grapefruit too. For desert I have an apple, preferably green.

I sound like a fat-ass.

8. Baal

Baal New Member

Actually you sound like an old Englishman.

What is “müsli”?

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

If I don't eat breakfast, I will not be worth a shit all day, and very likely may black out. At the least, I will feel light-headed, and weak as water. Little thing called hypoglycemia.

I'm 135 lbs, and 6'2". So, yeah, I've got a kick ass metabolism. Eat whatever I want, and never gain an ounce. I usually eat 4-5 meals a day.

But, back to breakfast, I usually eat ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, toast smothered in home-made jelly, or waffles and pancakes, smothered in butter and home-made cane syrup.

If the wifey doesn't cook, something sweet and fast will do. PB&J, Pop-tarts, leftover cake, cold pizza, (right outta the fridge - YUM).

I try to skip cereal. I like it fine, but 2 hours after I eat, I'm weak and trembling with hunger pains/sugar crash. Goes right through me.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I understand why you might think that, old englishmen really do only eat Musli and Weatabix. Musli is a granola cereal, it kicks ass. Sour milk is disgusting though.

11. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i eat leftovers for breakfast. i'm like retard, super fast metabolism. i have to make breakfast my biggest meal, or i pass out around 10 am...

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

My metabolism is something that shocks me all the time. I was eating junk food (kfc, pizza hut) every single day for three months, and I lost weight. I eat constantly, it's like a fucking disease. To the point that I feel I'm the main character in Stephen King's "Thinner". All of that said, the lack of breakfast is something I got used to. I usually start feeling hungry around midday.

13. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I stopped eating lunch last semester because I was too poor to buy it and too lazy to bring it from home. Now I eat breakfast at 11 on monday and wedensday after class, at 12 on friday, and at 4:15 on tuesday and thursday. I say breakfast, because I am breaking my fast.

14. xento

xento New Member

I'll only eat breakfast at home in the morning if it's something good, like Honey Nut Cheerios, or if there is something good for the school's breakfast, like Hot Breakfast Bars. Those things kick ass.

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

The "All you can eat breakfast buffet" are words that register in my brain as if uttered by a chorus of cherubim. They used to have one at this diner called Shoney's is fucking awesome. Its not the highest quality but whatever, maple syrup is maple syrup, and bacon is bacon. Too bad I haven't lived near a shoney's in a long time.

16. xento

xento New Member

It's people that eat a buffets often that you see cracking the pavement as they get the mail.

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

HAHAHA. Yeah, there was an influx of obeise people during those buffets.

(did I use influx correctly?)

18. xento

xento New Member

Since I've never seen that word used anywhere, I can't say. Maybe try going to http://www.dictionary.com and doing a search.

19. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Si, signore.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I love food, and I love to eat lots of it - I'm almost always hungry as well. Whether or not I exercise, and whether or not I eat healthy, I don't seem to gain or lose significant amounts of weight. I've looked pretty much the same my whole life.

Except when I was 14 and started taking a certain drug. Then I gained 9kg in one year, and I haven't been able to shake it since. I hate hidden side effects.

Our Host!