A frustrating problem, help appreciated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gun_Smithy, Nov 12, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gun_Smithy

Gun_Smithy New Member

My character, a dwarven melee/technologist, is a smithy doctorate with 100 expertise, yet when I attempt to use a found schematic, it says that I lack the expertise. How can this be? Do I need to read a tech manual? I wouldn't think so, I did not encounter this problem with my gunsmithy, and he had the same expertise.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay, what schematic are you trying to use? I'm betting on pyrotechnic axe. It says that you need fuel and a featherweight axe. You need a certain amount of expertise in both smithy and explosives. These are the numbers in the boxes which light up green when you have the ingredients and the expertise. The little symbol beside the number also shows you which discipline (check your character sheet, match the symbols etc etc).

Unless you want to spend character points, go buy tech manuals. The amount of expertise you receive from having the manuals in your inventory (not permanent unfortunately) is equal to your intelligence times the number of manuals you have in a particular discipline.

Hope it helps.

3. Gun_Smithy

Gun_Smithy New Member

It is with all of them....

No, it is with ALL of the found schematics for the smithy discipline, pyrotechnic axe included.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

My advice still applies. I was just using the pyrotechnic axe as an example.

5. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Bah Jarinor, exuses.. :smile:

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

An excuse can be made up for almost any situation...

7. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Well, most found schematics required not one but two tech expertise. For example the axe needs 30 expertise from smith and 10 from explosives, this is what Jarinor means I believe... :smile:

Our Host!