A few random questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jodan, Sep 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jodan

Jodan New Member

1. Where do you find the master of Persuasion?

2. If you kill virgil at any time during the game, can you still win?

3. Where do you get the expert of Bow?

4. Does anyone actually bother becoming an expert in herbology or potions or anything like that??

5. I have an automotron... in fact, i've had one forever... what can I do with it?? Should I just drop the damned thing?

6. Is there any way to prove the Stillwater Beast exists?

7. Is there anywhere online I can get a list of ways to get fatepoints?

Thank you!

-So Sayeth Jodan

2. Canis

Canis New Member

1) Willoughsby residence, Tarant, after you retrun from Qintarra in the main plotline.

2) Yes, you brute you.

3) Elite Bow Captain in Dernholm. Probably.

4) Only if you want to take NEWT levels.

5) Toss it on the ground.

6) No.

7) http://rpgplanet.com/arcanum/questinfo/fatepoints.shtml

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

If you want to be the kind of character who lets his followers do all the fighting for him, Herbology and therapeutics do make sense. You can take an extra follower specializing in fighting instead of Jayna, and boost up your followers stats to insane levels with drugs from Therapeutics (tip: when you use many drugs on the same character, you get a COMBINED effect. Using elixir of strength (+2 ST, + 2CN) and Muscle Maker (+1 to all physical stats) on the same character, you give them +3ST. Add Energiser and Revitalizer- and your followers are a bunch of unstoppable terminators.

4. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Speaking of automatons, what's the deal with the automaton gunner? As soon as I throw it on the ground, it turns into a regular one.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Be grateful that they work at all :p

6. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

7. Canis

Canis New Member

Might I ask where you got the schematic for the automaton gunner? The character editor perhaps? If you hack your game you shouldn't expect everything to work as promised, especially when you try to get an item that doesn't exist.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, if you wanted too, you could edit the Automon proto file and make an Automon Gunner, than edit the Automon Gunner schematic to make the ACTUAL Gunner, not a misnamed regular Automon. While your at it, fix the Explosive Decoy, it would basically just be editing a decoy that, after being released it triggers a dynamite blast after 3 seconds. Oh, you could get me cofee too! :D

9. Jodan

Jodan New Member

Ah, thank you all!

Much appreciated.... I came back from Quintarra, after looking at the gravestone... now what?

Oh, yes! My apologies, can Arcanum be run in a window?

10. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

actually Canis, it can be found in the game! if you go get the suit of armor in Ashbury for the guy you have to kill an Automaton (not advised for anyone lower than level 30) and you can find a automaton: gunner schematic down there, and I like my automaton, he's a VERY useful fighter... mainly b/c I carry one, and have one fighting, so I don't care if he dies. :D

11. Canis

Canis New Member

Actually, Matt, that's a normal automaton schematic.

12. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Oh, alright. I admit! I cheated myself to that schematic!

I'm so ashamed of myself right now. :sad2:

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, you have to cheat to get it, but if anyone feels like making an update with those idea I gave you, go ahead. You could add the damn thing to Arcanum if you want, I just think it might be nice if what the programmers made to work worked. :) Course, that doesn't mean I want to do it, because I'm lazy, and have school, and 5 other excuses :/

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

uhhhhhh, that was the first ashbury quest i completed, at level 8. just molotov cocktail him into submission.

15. Silvio-Arjunza

that was just warning Sleek, I went in there and got pounded... well, I bought or found it, b/c I don't know how to hack it... so it has to be found somewhere in the game... I'll search out a site to find where it is buy-able, and then I'll give you the local it can be found in. (note: this post will very shorly become a spoiler!)

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, if you have the shopkeepers hack, it can be weird, like I got the explosive Decoy schematic from, spoilers i guess

the smith at the Wheel Clan. It's a clockwork decoy and a grenade, but when you throw it, nothing it looks like you dropped it.

17. Silvio-Arjunza

oh yea!! heh... I forgot I have that... I'll have to see if that is WHY I have the schematic...

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, the way the shopkeeper hack works, or at least the way I THINK it works, others may be better able to tell you, is that it doesn't change the items the shop provides, just the percentage of those items being provided. The inventory source for urban gunsmiths, for example, there is like a default 3% chance of the gunsmith having a schematic, like charged accelerator gun. The hack changes that to a 100% chance of the shop having it, therefore, the shop will always have that schematic. So the stores that sell Automon Gunner or Explosive Decoy COULD sell you them without the hack, assuming those schematics were still under the 3 or so % chance thing, but it is very unlinkely.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

arent there a few schematics that are only available the first time you enter a store? i think i remember reading that in an older thread...

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I have no idea about that, but I don't know how that would be scripted. Unless there was a command that set a timer and at the end changed the inventory source of the shop owner, in that case I suppose it COULD be possible.

Our Host!