A few questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Samoye, Dec 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Samoye

Samoye New Member

I'm currently on a zero-kill attempt and I've heard I need the Ring of Shadows. Question is, how do I 'find' the Strange Pond in game. I could easily just go to the coordinates to force the location but that makes me feel a bit... dirty. (Although I already dynamited the poor dwarf by the steam engine in Shrouded Hills... but I just wanted to get Jongle's good ending...)

Is there any way to 'stumble' upon it? Or is it quest related for an evil playthrough (I've done zero of those, probably my next project, if I can bring myself to do it.)

Second question, what interesting conversations are there between NPCs? Zan Alurin and Loghaire was a nice surprise, along with Loghaire and Bates. I've heard there's a Magnus/Loghaire conversation somewhere but I guess I won't be seeing that this run. That runt won't join me since I negotiated with the Schuylers

Third. Who can I resurrect in the game that actually triggers some interesting dialog. (Don't tell me Virgil) Professor James and the Crash Site bandit I've done. Random dead adventurers by the Ruby Glade and Torrin's Quarry couldn't be raised, unfortunately. Trying to resurrect Wrath actually triggered a line with the dwarf mage, which was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks in advance for any answers. Cheers.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Arcanum is the only place in the multiverse where gossips are a good thing.

Strange folk live in Ashbury, don't they? Both able and willing to remember such details and happy to share them with every stranger they encounter.

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

If you're going for zero-kill but dynamited a dwarf, doesn't that mean you failed?

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It depends. Dynamited enemies aren't marked in the Log Book's Kills & Injuries section, so while literally he did fail, technically he didn't. It would be best to pull the dwarf away from the steam machine, beat him unconscious and leave him there, blow up the technological monstrosity and leave the town hall, never to return again. That way there would be no kills in all meanings.

5. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I think in one game I destroyed the engine without killing the dwarf BUT the next time I talked to Constable Owens he told me he knows I was the one who did it. (if the dwarf dies Owens doesn't know who did it.) I forget if my attempt to drag the Dwarf away (without harming him into becoming hostile) then using prowl while planting the explosives worked in a way that Owen didn't know who did it (that was so long ago that it may have been that when the explosives did go off the Dwarf went hostile anyways and therefore would have told Owens).

6. Samoye

Samoye New Member

Much thanks =)

Completed my zero (logbook) kill playthrough. The new conversations I stumbled upon this run made me happy.

However, I still haven't found too many people I could resurrect. I'm still at two, not counting Virgil. Is that really all?

Our Host!