A few questions that i never got answered :(

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sorg, May 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sorg

Sorg Member

So i finished the game alot of times with different characters yet, in each and everyone, there are some things i could never do:
    1-Persuade the Dwarf king Loghaire of taking the throne back, i had full Persuasion and it didn't work :(
    2-The 'gnomes are breeding half-ogres and we must stop them' quest, in the end, i'm left with a diary that i have no idea what to do with.
    3-Maybe this is a bug? but in one of my game, when i rescued Virgil after he left to avenge his bro, he was wearing magic robes and had a whole new character sheet, he could heal better, harm, he was very strong but it only happened once to me and i could never make it happen again in any other game.
    That's about it, i'm planning to start playing arcanum again this june after college so...
    Ty in advance :)

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I too wonder about the first two.
    3. Not a bug. Depending on your alignment and certain in-game actions, Virgil will turn into Zen Virgil after leaving you outside T'sen'ang. Though I've never made it happen myself.

3. Sorg

Sorg Member

Like i said it only happened to me once and it was awsome, i swear i gave him a sword of air and he was hitting like crazy, harming every creature in sight, so anyone else know how to make it happen?

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

1. You have to have enough intelligence to get the INT check from Randver (INT 11, I believe) so you can talk with him about the Stone and the Shape. Then you can use that information to persuade Loghaire. Charisma and persuation has nothing to do with it.

2. You can take it to the Tarantian main office in Tarant. When he sees what you have, he'll get all paniced, say how hot is is and how it is importantthat you take it to the Caladon office of the Tarantian. When you go there, you can give the book to the reporter. He'll say that it will be printed the next day. When you return the next day, the reporter is gone and replaced with a new one, who is suprised with what happened, telling that yesterday the office was closed and he was out. He of course doesn't believe your half-ogre island story, especially since you don't have the book anymore. He either really doesn't know what happened or is a good actor. When you return to the Tarantian in Tarant, the reporter is there, but plays stupid and pretends that he never met you talking about the half-ogre island. From here on, without any proof, all you can do is to live it up on the Tarantian reporters if your evil, but you will never solve the mystery or find the responsible ones. When you return to the half-ogre island, all of the equipment and bones are gone, which can make you feel a little loony (remember the gnome in Tyron's house saying how you saw an empty warehouse, while everything else could be created by your imagination). This quest is supposed to show that no matter how uberpowerful you are, there are some affairs in the world that even you can't resolve.

3. Virgil changes to Zen-Virgil with lvl 25 if your Arcanum version is 1.0.7.0 or earlier. in later versions (1.0.7.4 and UAP) he is resurrected, changes his dialogue, but has the same level, leveling scheme and inventory as when he left you in T'sen-Ang. The change was made because people were pissed about him losing all of his inventory (minor thing, since you can take it all from in in T'sen Ang) and because he's level dropped to 25, which is pretty much always low at that part of the game, especially how Virgil always was the same level as the pleyer up to that moment. I personally believe that it would be best to keep with the 1.0.7.0 version of this situation, with the addition of Virgil being the same level as you when you enter the Sobling Onion basement. But unfortunately, I wasn't a high rank Troika member when they were working on the final patch. ;)

5. Sorg

Sorg Member

Thx alot but about Virgil's lvling scheme, i mean, come lock picking? that interferes with his magic aura :(
    And wait wait wait, you worked at Troika?!

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Virgil just isn't that much of a mage, he's pretty neutral. He has the right to it. Plus his lockpicking abilities show that he surely used that skill in the past, so all in all it adds to his character (especially when the player still doesn't know about his past), just like his "Bully" background. In Arcanum there are several examples of such exchanges of "points for character build" (I believe that Jayna could give poins to beauty at higher levels, but I'm not sure).
    Blast it, now everyone will know.
    But seriously, to answer your question, the answer is "no", which all in all means that I never were a high rank member of them, doesn't it?

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You have my attention.
    Since the cat's out of the bag, a few details please?

8. Sorg

Sorg Member

Still i find it very cool, too bad it closed without making Arcanum 2 :'( anyway thx again for your detailed responses.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I never did say that I'm actually Tim Cain. You can't prove me anything. Anything!

10. Sorg

Sorg Member

WHAT?

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

12. Sorg

Sorg Member

omg!!!

Our Host!