a few queries

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by silver, Feb 21, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. silver

silver New Member

okay.. just got a couple of questions.. the first one is about mods.. i have and have always used the basic unmodded arcanum (with latest patch).. if i was to install a mod, can i choose to revert back to the unmodded arcanum, without uninstallation, easily? can i have multiple mods? and what exacly do the mods have.. added missions, more arcane gear.. what else?

my other question is in regards to these pictures.. the first is a snapshop of my inventory.. the second picture is one i found off the terra-arcanum gallery.. mine is an un modded arcanum. is the other photo a modded arcanum or what?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thanks for the help in advanced

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The snapshot you got from the gallery is from an earlier, pre-release version of Arcanum.
    As far as mods go, you have to uninstall the mod to get back to Arcanum.
    Most mods have some new missions, new locations, renovated towns, or a complete standalone adventure, apart from the single player game. A lot of the mods out there have changes to the original gear, and some have newer items or schematics that replace the originals.

3. silver

silver New Member

is there a particular mod that most would recommend.. a very extentive mod?

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Arcanum: WIP*

*Work In Progress
    It's a mod by a local of Terra Arcanum. It fixes a lot of bugs, and includes a lot of elements from a bunch of other mods to Arcanum. Also, it has quite a few new locations, and the ability to keep playing the game after you've beaten it.

Carcanum;
    It's Arcanum, with a car.
    There are a few new locations, some changes in the effectiveness of certain spells, and tougher fights with monsters and npc's. Also, right in the beginning, there's a type of difficulty selection. You can keep playing this one after you beat it, too.
    Those are the mods I most enjoy for Arcanum, and they're the most extensive I've seen.

5. silver

silver New Member

arcanum's a small game.. i may just install 2 more, so i have 3.. 1 for unmodded, and 2 modded ;-)

Our Host!