A few general questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoon, Sep 21, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

1) I looked into the gamelevel.mes file and it seems that Magnus isn't going to learn any more schematics but the first four in Smithy&Mechanics. It also seems that Jayna Styles stops learning new schematics when she has four in Hearbs&Therapeutics as well. Is this true?
    2) Village of Stillwater. Joachim mentioned it in his telegram but I don't know whom I should ask to get its location. I just returned from Isle of Despair and am on my way to the Wheel Clan. Will I get info on Stillwater later or did I just miss some person?
    3) Basically the same question goes for Roseboreough (I might misspell the name). Anyway I got the name from a matchbox and also master trainer in firearms mentions such a place. So whom should I ask about its location.
    4) Mastery in firearms - I talked to master trainer and nothing. I then searched a bit and learned that some gnome is supposed to appear - but in my case he doesn't. Might it be so because I don't meet requirements to receive the training? BTW how many points must I put in Firearms to get the training? I put 3 so far but since my character is a dwarf that's like 4 points for other races if I'm correct. My PE is 14 with eye gear.
    5) Max followers. I had 12 Charisma and it gave me 3 followers. Then I put 3 pts in Persuasion and got expert training. If I'm correct this should give me 2 additional followers bonus but in my character window it shows Max Followers to be 4. Why is it so? Same was when I got expert persuasion for a human character. I don't have the Educator background.

2. The Souljourner

The Souljourner New Member

1.) If it's there, it's true, and it wouldn't surprise me. The autolevelling scripts for the NPCs aren't too great.

2.) According to Terra Arcanum it's at
    1190 W 753 S. I can't verify that here, but I'll just say it's up by the black mountain clan caves between it and the river right there, just walk around in very tight paths if the coordinates above don't work. I never found anyone to tell me where stillwater was, I had to ask a friend and just wander around there.

3.) Roseborough is way later in the game and someone will tell you about it, don't worry about it for now.

4.) No idea, I've never done firearms stuff.

5.) I've heard people saying how you get +1 follower for apprentice and expert, but that's not what the book says. Book says +1 follower for expert only, which would coincide with what you experienced. Not sure why people have been saying otherwise.

-The Souljourner

3. Dakun

Dakun New Member

aren't you lucky

this is my last post before i go away for the weekend :sad:.

1. the game is stupid sometimes... i wouldn't doubt that they stop at lvl 4.

2. the loc is right.. but you don't need to go until after wheel clan, the king tells you the elves forced the exil and you need to talk to them, and the only person he knows who might know how to get to quintarra is myrth in stillwater (he wont be their till after you finish wheel clan).

3. rosenburough... im lvl 40 with my negotiator... and haven't gotten their yet.... still finishing up caladon stuff... its much later in the game.. i bet you can get their lvl 20-25ish if you do nothing but the main plot and know how to fight damn well, but don't worry about it right now.

4. You must have 5 skill points (a full yellow bar) in firearms before you can be trained as a master. after that.. your on your own.. never bothered, but terra-arcanum.com, go to skills, go to firearms, and click the arrow tab for master.. it will outline the master quest (you must have the ability to be a master before they will talk w/ you).

5. manual printed it wrong... aprentice persuasion is followers will wait longer, expert is 1 extra follower, master is noone will leave you. then you get your cha / 4 for followers so you have 12/4 = 3 + 1 (expert persuasion) and lastly.. the dog in ashbury doesn't count as a follower (if you don't have him by now.. i don't think you can get him thou)... either do pets familiers summons or arronax (you won't get till later).

i think your all set now

goodby all ... i left last night with 37 posts a day.. lets see how a weekend of none affects me, later jinx/al... peace all

jamie

4. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

No, Persuasion Master is you can talk anyone in to joining you.

20 Charisma means no one will get mad and leave.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Thanks for all answrs - one more quesiton though.

Longhaire - I just left the Wheel Clan and got to Stillwater. Will it be long before I'll be able to join him? Don't write detailed spoilers please. Simply: right after Stillwaterrelatively shortquite some timebloody long will suffice.

EDIT - asked another additional question earlier but found an answer to it after all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2001-09-20 21:01 ]</font>

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Loghair will join you after raven joins you and you discover where the black mountain clan was banished. only then will loghair join you

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

And another question :) Probably th elast one.

If I add development sketch for Loghaire with his name in the gamelevel.mes file will he begin to use it or will he still use his fixed scheme?

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5) That's what I though too but after the release of the full game, I saw and read from the manual that it is 1 additional follower only. I got the idea of 2 when I read the PDF file for the manual. Calis says its a little buggy. :smile:

Our Host!