A Cripled Leg

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by TimothyXL, Nov 24, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Recently I was playing through as normal, when suddenly the floats showed an Ailing Wolf I was fighting got a critical hit, and cripled my leg. I figured it was simply a nice way of saying my character got scarred and didn't bother to check out if it changed anything. A bit later I got mauled by a Ruffian and had to start again (I was doing an Ironman run with Dwarves using the Earth Elementalist auto-levelling scheme). Then I started wondering what a cripled leg actually meant, but not having the character anymore there's no way I can check.

Does anyone know what it means when your character's leg is cripled? Because I wonder whether it is simply a penality to beauty, speed or dexterity.

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

In the vein of Fallout I believe such an injury impacts dexterity and probably available action points, although I'm not sure where this is explicitly stated.

3. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf New Member

I wonder whether it depends on targeted leg shots. I'll have to try that out.

Never seen a crippled leg before, sadly.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm assuming by "cripled" leg you mean a leg led by The Crips, a gang founded in Los Angles, CA. I have no real recommendations for that one. Make sure the leg doesn't shiv you in the kidneys or anything.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The in-game effect of a crippled leg is a -5 adjustment to the character's speed.

6. BigWetDog

BigWetDog New Member

You could always shiv them in the kidneys...

Our Host!