A Creche Thread to Whine In -- The Spam Situation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Oct 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

Didn't someone back at V13 get the "nude" version of that one? I seem to recall it from backthere.

I remember someone getting this avatar once:

[​IMG]

On the topic, i'd say there's nothing wrong with doing a few inside jokes, and a witty remark here and then never hurt anyone, but try keeping a balance between serious posts and witty one-liners.

The problem is when witty one-liners (or one-worders, or one-smiliers) grow too big in number, they start chewing away at the serious posts. If you reply at page 1, and return the next day to find yourself at page 3, it's annoying to have to wade through two full pages, find the appropriate post to quote, and then post your reply. In my case, it discourages me from reading the thread, let alone replying. Now i'm not saying i neccesarily add anything incredibly important to the thread, but this might be the case for other people as well.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Quite a number of people got asshat avatars. And in V13's late days there was a rule set (at least in F3 forum): "Stupid poll=asshat". And suddenly stupid polls plauge ended. Of other avatars for special users there was a "sucking Ron at McDonald's for the rest of his days avatar" and some really stupid face avatar.

Our Host!