A couple of things/tweaks I would like to see in the game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackwolf, Sep 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blackwolf

Blackwolf New Member

1. Followers with ressurection spell should be able to ressurect allies when not in combat(so it does not unbalance the game in the middle of a fight)
    2. Followers should move out of a fire or area spell effect.
    3. Followers should be able to learn found schematics.
    4. Access to followers inventory in identify/repair/shop mode.
    5. The ability to turn off follower autoequipping of better armors/weapons, especially if a weapon has a str req higher than their strenght.
    6. Npc's and followers should not pick up stuff automatically(unless in combat they critically fail and drop something).
    7. The ability to highlight stuff on the ground.
    8. Pc and Npc's better at finding their way past obstacles/other npc's(so they dont get stuck all the time)
    9. Repair/Identify all
    10. Going into the inventory in turn based mode should take ap's and equipping armor should not be possible during combat without ending the turn.
    11. Option to tell followers to stand ground, as to not rush any enemy they encounter.
    12. Tweaking of the graphics engine so it doesnt slow down so insanely much at times.
    13. Fixxing of several quest related bug.
    14. Index page for the manual, hehe.
    15. More follower parameters other than follower skills. Like Healing(Magic/Potion/Skill): None/Player/ Followers/Self/All or Use of area spells/grenadeweapons(Similar to the burst options in fallout 2)
    16. I am sure you can think up lots more.

Besides all that, its a great game.

2. MaoZedong

MaoZedong New Member

Maybe the easier solution would just be the option to control your NPCs... Heheh.

For those who call it unrealistic: In real life, you would be able to tell Virgil to stop being a #@$(@#& and stop blocking the door or not to waste all his #$)(@#&$# fatigue attempting heal on you when you are 100% tech!

3. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

The game is fine as it is...

I just hope that :

1. the identify spell is a lower level spell, either 2 or 3 and not 5. I find it annoying walking so much just to have an item identified and it cost a lot too specially in the beginning of the game.

2. I hope the game doesn't depend too much on video cards. Mine is built in(shared I believe), PIII 600mhz 64 meg and im still running the game at a snail pace, anyway, Im enjoying the game tremendously...=)

3. More and reconfigurable hotkeys...

4. a quicksave (or is there one??)

5. an autosave when entering a new area ( is there one?)

4. Greenleaf The Summoner

Greenleaf The Summoner New Member

5. Praxus

Praxus New Member

Definitely need a "stand ground" command...it gets really aggravating to have to chase down party members as they run off screen chasing down enemies.

Also...there needs to be a better way to repair damage to armor, weapons, and other items. It takes forever to stop, swap items back and forth and make repairs to everyone's equipment after fights with ore golems, elementals, and other monsters that really chew up swords and armor.

6. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

Something that drives me nuts is the inability to access followers' inventory directly from the shop screen -- instead I have to quit that screen, contact the follower, tell him I want to trade, swap all the stuff from his inventory to mine, open the shopkeeper dialogue, get to the trade screen...what a waste of time!

7. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

And another thing! There really needs to be an easier, quicker way to get out of cities. For anybody who doesn't have Teleport, moving into, out of, and around Tarant and other towns is a huge pain in the ass. The ability to set hot locations -- say flag the gypsey or your stash -- and move there with a mouse click or two would be a huge time saver. Even better would be the ability to jump straight to the world map if there are no hostiles on the streets of the town we're in. This is a huge sticking point for me in what is, overall, a good game.

8. Wookie7

Wookie7 New Member

Oh, and have it so your enemies can't cross an entire screen to engage you in melee combat while you only get off a couple of shots with whatever distance weapon you have. "Okay, that guy is 50 yards away, I'll take a shot at him, now...^#*#! HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME!! AAGGHH!!!" Reload.

Give me a break.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wookie7 on 2001-09-13 16:21 ]</font>

9. Praxus

Praxus New Member

And another thing!!(hehe) I know there is a hack for removing random encounters, but I prefer to play the game without hacks and trainers. It gets really old after the 50th time your party gets ambushed on the trail by, OH MY GOD....an itty bitty spider. Maybe the next patch could address this problem by simply scaling back the chance of random encounters (maybe based on player's level of experience and ability to avoid itty bitty spiders...lol.)

10. Blackwolf

Blackwolf New Member

Yeah, the random encounters get pathetically weak after a while, its horrible. And the worst part is, the random encounters anywhere is about the same in difficulty, perhaps itty bitty difference in the vendigroth wastes, but not much different.

Also it should add some random encounters if you like I did, pissed of the dark elves by killing their leader, so that dark elves sometimes attack the party.

Killed kerghan today as well...what a wuss he was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blackwolf on 2001-09-13 20:00 ]</font>

11. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

And AND!!! One thing I really liked about the Fallouts was, when entering a city, you'd get a single, static shot of the city, giving you a real idea of what it looked like. Given that every city looks pretty much the same in-game, having that sort of imagery would be pretty cool. As it stands, Tarant looks, well, like a slightly larger Black Root or Ashbury, and it oughtn't.

12. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

And one more thing: it ought to be much, much easier to create your own character backgrounds -- there ought to be a simple point-and-click interface, a space to type your description, etc.

Oh, and GUNS SHOULDN'T SUCK!

13. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Y do guns sucks? I thought its the bullets that sucks, because unlike in fallout it has no modifier and can be used by all guns...
    =) (how do I create those smiley faces???)

14. GTG

GTG New Member

The Worldmap and towns

There is a solution to the worldmap/townmap issue if you don't want to run the five miles to the edge of town every time you want to leave. It also prevents random encounters. Get the teleport spell :smile:

I use it all the time now that I have it. It isn't useful early on, because you need those pathetic fights to give you experiance. But late game, when it doesn't matter so much, it's unbelievably cool to use. I originally got it for role-playing purposes (I am an Archmage, therefore I shouldn't have to bother walking around the world), but now that I have it it's great.

15. Blackwolf

Blackwolf New Member

Thats good, if you are a mage with maxxed conveyance. I wish teleport would work on real maps as well, exept for unexplored areas.

16. G'Kar

G'Kar New Member

The problem with Teleport is that, yes, it's a convenience, but ONLY for Archmage types. Techies, thieves, diplos, melee-ers, etc. shouldn't be consigned to hours of trudging over terrain we've seen a million times before. I don't have a problem with my characters having to walk everywhere, but I DO have a problem with being forced to watch and control it.

Smilies are made by combining the : with the ), thus: :smile:

My problem with guns is that the majority of them are simply peashooters. I'm playing a gunfighter, and in every fight Sogg does AT LEAST four times as much damage as I do, just with his broadsword (and Dogmeat does even more). I'm a combat-oriented character and I feel like a tag-along most of the time. And yes, I'm using the elephant gun, but it's still plink-plink-plink-oh-look-Sogg-just-killed-
    three-of-these-guys-again-this-turn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G'Kar on 2001-09-14 15:58 ]</font>

Our Host!