A $15 million hentai sculpture!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rroyo, May 17, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I remember reading about that sculpture in a magazine article about 7 years ago. Wierd.

3. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Sad that people are spending money on this while others are starving.

4. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I remember this particular piece of shit from Wikipedia. I got a lot of "neen art" articles and similar unsignificant egoistic art articles deleted, and perhaps this one went to the garbage as well. Unfortunately I don't remember what happened, and I can't seem to find any trace.

(AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH, the fucking articles about Miltos Manetas and Angelo Plessas are back again)

You see, it's actually good that people are spending money which they - probably - earned for overpriced pieces of garbage. The money is back into circulation, and they were basically working for almost nothing, helping the economy.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

6. Jungle Japes

It's the way of the world. Some of us have to work to eat, others don't. Some don't get to eat at all. Sadly, even if all the wealthy of the world put all their resources into helping the poor, there would still be poor people. There will always be poor people, just as there always have been poor people.

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I've always wondered who the sad fucks who browses Wikipedia to find articles they're not interested in and fights to have them deleted because they're not "notable" enough are. I guess I have the answer now.

8. Wolfsbane

Still silly though.

9. floyd

floyd New Member

It would have made more sense if someone had spent 15 million dollars on a tentacle rape sculpture.

The guy who bought this "Sperm Cowboy" is probably a fat, sad homo.
    And in the unlikely case that it is a women, she needs to see her shrink more often.

There, I said it. Now someone buy me that sculpture.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Said it best.

11. Wolfsbane

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    SMBC?

13. Wolfsbane

Heh, almost :roll:

SMBC as in Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, of course.

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I wish I had as much 'cream' control as he does... you could do some funny shit with it if you could! That statue is pretty pitiful though... does anyone know the dimensions on it?

p.s: if you want to see the sad side of poverty, go to east africa.

15. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Until poor countries' leaders are more interested in grasping the power and weeding out the opposition at all costs, instead of building the country, not even a hundred worlds' resources are going to be enough.

I love you too.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I don't understand the guy who bought it. If he would want to buy it to be famous, he would show himself in public, and if he would want it to turn himself up, instead for those 15 mln $ he could get all the wild gay sex which he would ever think of. His choice is certainly unike.

17. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

It is an odd decision, I agree. Perhaps he wants it to be the 'centerpiece' in a yaoi fortress of his?

Frigo/Japes: speaking of the issues with poor nations, here's an unusual thing about Uganda that you reminded me of: When we met people, just about everyone had a cellphone. Most of these people didn't have houses, and yet they had purchased a cellphone, and always had minutes. I cannot fathom how so many people would rather 'stay-in-touch' then have a place* to stay.

They did have "hovels" which were about 5ft x 5ft (exterior dimensions: I never went in one). Ironically, the people in the country lived better (if not harder) lives than the people in the cities.

18. Jungle Japes

I'm reminded of the many villages I flew over in Iraq. Mud huts with satellite dishes on the roof.

19. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

The poor need to persist so the rich can exist. It's the duality of the world we live in. Without any poor, we'd all be middle-class or rich. Without middle-class, we'd all be rich. But then what would the point be in labeling what rich is, since there is nothing to distinguish it from? It's like darkness and light. You can't have one without the other to contrast it. I'm not saying that's the reason the poor are poor. I just thought it was a fun point to bring up, considering Japes' comment on all the rich people in the world pooling together to elevate all the poor people to a common status.

20. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Our Host!