Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

You know, less people are killed hunting than any other sport.

I_'d list what guns I_ own, but I_ know yall wouldn't believe me.

2. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hey, try us. Why shouldn't we? After all, if you campaign so passionately for being able to have guns, it's likely that you have many.

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Teach- yes. Take them to the shooting range, buy 50 rounds of ammo and let them have fun making holes in paper targets under adult supervision.
    Give kids free access and ownership of guns- hell no. Kids don't always have an adequate perception on life. Some kid depressed over not being grounded would have too easy a way to commit suicide, and you can safely bet that there will ALWAYS be guns brought to school to show off and kids shot by accident while target practicing with friends in the backyard.

4. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

That's pretty much exactly what I was talking about. Where I live, though, you don't need to take them to the shooting range; I have 150 acres of land to blast away on. About the access and ownership, it's up to the parent to decide when their kid is sensible and responsible enough to take care of his own weapon. Some kids might be inclined to shoot themselves, but I know that I've never had a desire to commmit suicide, and I'm fairly sure my younger brothers never will. If the parents are doing a good job, the kids should be too happy to want to die anyway.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Raging teen hormones often disagree with logic. Besides, there are whole groups of people who think that self-mutilation is "cool". I am NOT talking about the real self-harmers, but some people DO cut themselves for the twisted excitement they get off it. If they cut themselves- what makes you thin they won't shoot themselves, too?

6. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Man, there's a HUGE difference between self-mutilation and suicide. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Like I said, the parent's should decide when the kid can safely take care of a gun. If the parent knows the child, they will know not to give it to a kid likely to abuse it. So many problems can be solved with good parenting...which is why the destruction of the family unit in this country disturbs me so.

7. Bozos of Bones

Bozos of Bones New Member

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Topics will always get astray Bozos. After a few posts, the topic of a thread will change, likely because someone brought up something more interesting to discuss.

Oh, and be careful not to dig up so many old posts. This is a slow forum, and I personally don't care, but mind that some do.

9. Bozos of Bones

Bozos of Bones New Member

10. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Our Host!