Question about worldmap--terrain relationship...?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Harlequin5, Nov 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Harlequin5

Harlequin5 New Member

OK, one more, then I swear I'll leave you fellows alone for a few days.

I have made a complete world map, terrain, GUI, all of that, and it works fine. Now I am about to start building my areas and towns, and I have just one question:: When I construct my townmaps, do I draw them directly onto the terrain on my worldmap? Or do I make them seperate maps, then add them in as areas? (Would this make them show up on the terrain worldmap even though they are not actually on it?)

If the above is cluttered and unintelligible, I'd be happy to clarify. Thanks.

P.S.> Zammy, if you're out there, I'm sure you can answer this one for me.

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Somebody who's more experienced at this correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I've just been doing them directly onto the world map and then letting the World Editor generate the town map bitmaps from that. I'm building a halfling village on Cattan. Chris Beddoes should know for sure about this, so give us the benefit of your experience, Chris. :)

3. Harlequin5

Harlequin5 New Member

I just read in the WorldEd Manual *(if I understood it correctly)* that you can make separate maps for your towns and that arcanum will generate them when a character enters an area you have specified to contain said town map.

Has anyone tried it both ways? If so, I'd be interested in hearing which way worked better for you.

Our Host!