The Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rane, Nov 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rane

Rane New Member

:cry:

Last night I went out with a group of friends (13 of them; to be precise) for an evening meal and to go see the final installment of the Matrix trilogy.

The first part of my evening was great, the meal was exellent, and the atmosphere was generally quite freindly. Everything had gone exaclty according to plan.

The second part of my evening was quite different. Firstly, I went and bought pop-corn, drinks etc. for the movie and then got our tickets checked. After all the standard proceedures we entered screen 5 of the cinema.

As a "former" fan of the Matrix trilogy I can say I was greatly disappointed and let-down.We were all expecting the Matrix Revolutions to be the final exlamation for the trilogy but insteadfor our time hoping and wandering how the story would end, we are rewarded with a film (if
    you could call it a film) that doesn't explain half the events that happen and the ending is total bolocks and there so many loose ends.

Quite disappointing all in all...

2. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

I haven't seen it, but all major franchises need to be left open to sequels :p

3. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I was also very dissapointed by the end of Revolutions. I loved most of it, mind you, the action was incredible, but the ending left everything to be desired. I just sat there with my middle finger extended towards the screen for about 30 seconds or so during the credits. My good freind Jonas simply refused to believe that this is the last one. Who knows? What I know is that the Wachowski Brothers have some explaining to do.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I'm not even going to bother watching. The Matrix was tolerable. Reloaded was boring. I dread to think what Revolutions is like.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Haven't seen neither Revolutions nor Reloaded, and I won't doing anything actively to change that either. I actually fell asleep while watching the original Matrix - I admit that I was tired as hell when I began watching, though I still guess that could say something of how much I really enjoyed that film. Cool special effects though.

From what I've heard, the two later films degrade in story and cover that up in special effects, and that's pretty bad for a trilogy that has such a complicated story.

6. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I really think that the whole matrix thing sux ass, but i saw the first one, then i saw reloaded, and that leaves me no choise but to watch revelutions, so im goin' on sunday :cry:

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, the first movie was good, the but the next two just got progressively worse. The last one sucks - most of the action is cliched, hackneyed, stereotypical drivel, and the flight of the Hammer was done so poorly - way to not build the tension guys.

There are so many other things I could write about, but I won't. I'd give it a 6/10 though, because I didn't get bored and want it to end (but that could have just been me wanting to see how it panned out).

8. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I've not seen the movie but what you people are saying is pretty much what everyone else is saying -- namely, those whom I've spoken with about it in real life (there was probably a better way to write this sentence but I've lost the knowledge of how to diagram them). To me, it seemed like the Wachowskis had set up some sort of Matrix movie assembly line by the time the third movie was going into production. The thing was slapped together in a handful of months, right?? I'd like to know how much time they spent putting the first movie up; I bet there's a direct correlation between time spent and quality of product.

And who DIDN'T see this spinning off into a television series complete with action figures and fashion accessories?? The movies were such sellouts that there wasn't really any alternative. So much for any artistic merit.

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Hey i went to see it too and when we got there after paying for the damned expensive taxi, the cinema was down because of an electric blackout so we had to go home again.(having to pay for the taxi again) Now i will wait until i get across it randomly.

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

(Hmm, I seem to be unbanned)

Err, hello people. I for one, enjoyed all three of the Matrix movies. The 1st one, very interesting and very confusing (soon cleared up after many times of watching). The second one, ton of action, too much dull love scenes but still very nicely done, stuck with the world of the Matrix.

Now, for the third one. So much people think it's just a pile of shit, like most of you, but I actually enjoyed it. You see, The Matrix reminds me a lot of Japanese Anime, (especially the third one) and it reminds me a lot like anime because of the action and because of the storyline. You have to understand the world of The Matrix to understand what's going on in the second and third one.

I would explain myself, but it's very hard without spoiling...but I enjoyed all three of them. (possibly the third one the best, but I know I liked the third better then the second) I loved the action in the third one, some good acting as well...and I loved the scenery. (especially the final fight thingy...) Anyway, that's about it for now...don't want to spoil it.

But am I the only one who liked it?

11. Rane

Rane New Member

No Quethim your not the only one,

I liked most of the movie but some part were left un-explained and the ending was a total load of shit...

For example, my favourite part was the battle to save Zion, I loved it, the effects were astounding and it left me on the edge my seat. I love movies which do that, they make you worry for the characters or they scare you and then satisfy you with a great conclusion, but this one however failed. :-(

I also did like the first Matrix and Reloaded, but one of the anoying things about Revolutions is that Neo isn't the cool "the one" like he used to be, now he's just the normal crappy guy, who gets the shit beaten out of him by a tramp (Train Man - at the beggining)

The ending fight between Smith and Neo was done pretty well though, fucking amazing effects and Smith (Played by Hugo Weaving) has now got to be one of my favourite film characters... he's so cool and calm about everything he does, exept in Revolutions he finally raises his voice and shouts the hell outa Neo - Oh well....

Thats it then .... No more Matrix ....

But, on a lighter note we still have The Lord Of The Rings final movie to look foward to (22nd of December YAH YAH) and the 4th Terminator movie .... :)

12. Herald

Herald New Member

I saw it last night, and i was amused. Ok, it wasn't the best film i've ever seen, but it was ok. The first one was better then the others, but i think they're all entertaining. Of course, i only expected a movie based on special effects, so i wasn't dissapointed. I liked the fight for the dock a lot, but the rest of the action scenes were also very nice. The story was incomplete, which i hate, but they can't help the Oracle died after Reloaded. I don't think i've written spoilers, and i' not gonna start writing them, so i'll just ignore the rest of the things i didn't like in the storyline : :) . Over-all score: 7/10

13. Silvara

Silvara New Member

What?? Yet ANOTHER Terminator movie?

14. Xz

god it had many loose ends, and it sucked ass.
    and i really really hope there won't be any more sequels.....

15. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Here.
    Only between 15$ to 20$ per month.

http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/

16. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

I haven't seen Revolution, but with a little thought after watching number two I'm pretty sure I've guessed the plot. I liked the action in Reloaded, but thought the plot stunk. I think I'll go see Revolution simply for the fight scenes. Well, I have to go see Brother Bear first, but yea. Reloaded did have loose ends, but if you step outta that sole movie, and think in truth about what's going on with the whole thing, then most of those loose ends burn themselves off, but more than a few remain after that.

17. Quethim

Quethim New Member

So, are they for sure making another Teminator movie? Cause at the end of the third one, it did seem like there would be another...but would they have Arnold in that one...cause he is a governor right now...so I'm not quite sure if he has the time to work on a movie right now...

And I also can't wait for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King...it's comming to us so fast! Anyway, think they'll make The Hobbit?

EDIT: Fixed my bad spelling of the word "Hobbit," forgot a b :p

18. Xz

Congratulations Chris, you hav now officially devastated me, and scarred me for life :cry:

19. Silvara

Silvara New Member

What does "devestetd" mean?

Yes, it would be really cool if they made a movie out of The Hobbit.:) I'd never thought about that...

20. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I think he meant, devestated. I saw a fake preview for The Hobbit. I have it around here somewhere...........

Our Host!