Fa'al Kin's maze

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Vorak, Oct 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I recently went through Fa'al Kin's maze and noticed that the gloves that you have to use are tech aligned. So, this is a warning DO NOT complete the Fa'al Kin quest if you have a technophobia background.

You may commence a rigorous program of ordered hand beating....now

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

3. Vorak

Yes I am patched with 1074, but I don't have any fan made patches/mods.

This may be an old question, but Shadygrove why don't you have an avatar?

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Mostly because there is nothing I like that wouldn't give false impresions of me. I like stills of Hermonie Granger with her hand in the universial 'I know the answer' signal, but that would say to many that I am young, female, & a Harry Potter fan.

Also, here the lack of an avatar makes me stand out. So does my spelling, I suppose.

Maybe a photo of my dog....

5. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I think you should get one. Sometimes I scroll throgh a post and not even notice your posts.

6. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

True, I also find the avatar quite the attention getter. When it comes to people without one... I often don't notice who they are.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, it's the content of the post that matters, not the the graphics. I actually tend to notice Shady's posts more because he doesn't have an avatar.

8. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Well, tahts you. I like having unique avatars for unique individuals.

9. Herald

Herald New Member

Yeah, i think we all should have like a custom avatar, because frankly i've grown quite fond of my Vegeta avatar I use at other forums :D . But then again, this system of avatar usage provides useful info, whereas (spelling?) the normal avatar tends to grow in a weird competition of making the most anyoing ones possible :/ .

EDIT: ok, sorry, that was off-topic. would you all be so kind to forgive me? :)

10. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

:akimbo: Herald wrote: ok, sorry, that was off-topic. would you all be so kind to forgive me? :) :minigun:

No! You are cursed to be unforgiven for going off topic forever! :razz: :p ;) J/K It looks like this topic wandered waaaay off a while back. :lol:

11. Vorak

Well, my topic seems to have become hoplessly lost. But thanks for your input anyhow.

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

While it is true that post quality is really important, the lack of avatar makes your brain skip the post (specially if it's short) as the sight is more attracted towards those posts with an avatar - which happens somewhat unconsciously, and before your brain understands that Shadygrove's post is worth reading. Besides, I certainly would like to see him with a new avatar :)
    Herald, look at this thread - and, for that matter, at the whole HoL board. Do you really think people here care about staying on topic? I mean, well, this forum is supposed to be dedicated to Arcanum, but that doesn't mean it's so strict about going off-topic. Now, posting threads about anything else in the forum would be rather inappropiate. And Sinbad's right, the topic had already wandered far away well before you posted. :)

13. Herald

Herald New Member

OK, so you guys don't care if i go off-topic. Good to now, because at my rtcw clan i would get a warning for that :( . Ok, so maybe here the regime isn't so rigid, i thought so already. But i'll try to stay on-topic the next time, just to be sure i don't accidently piss of some of the evil beings some would call moderators :D .

14. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Some forums are really strict about OT posts; others aren't. This one isn't. Just like some forums come down -- hard -- on bad language, and this one doesn't.

15. Ammon

Ammon New Member

i dont know if this has happened to anyone else but i am trying to do faal kins maze, but when i went through the arches and took the stuff from the cheast then proceeded to the next room there was only a pillar in the middle of the room but when i touch that one notihing happens? i am a lvl 50 mage and tried casting every spell there is exc for black necro for i dont have any spells in that art. i have tried putting on all the armour i took from the chests have also tried taking off all my armour and nothing works. i cannot teleport out and i cannot use a scroll of exiting. any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

16. Vorak

I can't recall the exact order off hand but you need to be wearing one of the items from the chest and then click the pillar. You will come to another pillar and need to wear something different, etc.

17. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Where in Arcanum is that maze ???
    in other mod or where '??

18. Canis

Canis New Member

Our Host!