For all you cheaters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solaris, Nov 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Russians turn alibis into good business

A Russian agency has cornered the market in providing excuses for unfaithful partners.
    Alibi, based in Moscow, says most of its clients are women seeking to cover up affairs - or even faking their own weddings to keep their parents or friends happy.

Elaborate plots are hatched to fool even the most suspicious observer, the agency boasts.

But excuses don't come cheap. The agency charges between $500 and $1,000 per alibi.

Director Dmitri Petrov says he's in it for the fun, not the money, and he insists no profits are made.

"What my partners and I do here, we do it mostly for fun, to relax after a day's work," Mr Petrov has told the Moscow Times newspaper.

His day job is running a building firm, but he says moonlighting in the twilight world of infidelity is gaining him "experience".

Alibi's workload is varied - but a classic case might centre on a spouse who is running out of excuses for frequent or prolonged absences.

A car loaded with fishing gear and driven by a man might pick up a husband so his wife can see that his weekend fishing trip is genuine.

Or a woman might be sent a court summons, demanding her presence in a faraway city to testify as a witness.

"It's not a one-night-stand alibi they usually want," Mr Petrov tells the paper, "but a full-blown week in Turkey."

Services don't stop at the false summons and phoney "friends".

Discretion comes as standard.

"We are an invisible firm," says Mr Petrov. "When something happens somewhere, our participation in it is invisible."

The firm also insists it has a strict moral code.

"When we work on an alibi for cheating spouses, we always carefully investigate the situation," Mr Petrov has previously insisted in Russia's Business Chronicle magazine.

"Before covering up someone's adventures, we make sure not to bring pain to his or her relatives.

"Say, if a guy is planning to cheat on his pregnant wife, we won't help for any money in the world."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3244191.stm

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    :-o

Huh, it's amazing what people can do to live a life without morals. A company serving those who're cheating on their loved ones eh?

Disgusting.

And I mean, there's noooo way this could be used for any illegal activity either, is it? :roll:

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

"Loved ones" often often deserve this. And being a male I mean by it that many men deserve to be cheated or left. Women must feel they're loved and cherished and are always in the first place.*

*Screw everyone who will say I'm a feminist. Already heard that one.

4. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

Look, I live in the middle of redneck USA, where theres a 30% domestic abuse rate (most unreported).

Plain and simple, even if the husband is a grade A jackass...that means nothing. What the man does has nothing to do with it...a crime is a crime, and a lie is a lie...period.

If the guys that bad, she should get a divorce (or not have married him in the first place....).

Just my 2 cents.

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Yes, but sometimes that's not possible - you think someone who is beaten up daily has the confidence, courage and mental clarity required to sue for a divorce? Besides, sometimes there are other problems - family, religion, etc. It's not that simple.

6. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I used to live extremely wantonly, lots of partners and partying, yet I NEVER cheated on anyone(I was cheated on though-even a fiance!)

Having a wife and two young children has reaffirmed my views on cheating. I think that any male human that beats/hits/abuses his significant other is not a man! Cheating is damn near as bad as abuse in my eyes. Noone considers the repurcutions of their actions, the damage(s)(physical/emotional/monetary/character/etc.) that it will cause. I had better quite before I get too riled up!!!! :x

7. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

Maybe, but the point was....cheating on their husband won't help them.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The guy who runs Alibi is a legend. Why didn't I think of that first? I'd love to do something like that here...Personally, I don't consider the service a moral outrage. It's their business, not mine (well, it becomes my 'business' when they pay me I guess :))

9. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Amen to that! Men who strike women are cowards and should be hung. No avero cogliones! Once a guy slapped my sister right in front of me, and my God, it was not pretty. He ended up going to the hospital. Luckily, due to the lack of willing witnesses (he was not among freinds), I didn't get in trouble for doing my brotherly duty.

PS It's probably rude to be using so much random Italian slang without translating it. "No avero cogliones" means "They don't have balls."

10. Herald

Herald New Member

My oh my, Solaris started a whole debate about a serious subject, while he was trying to amuse the crowds :eek: . It's obvious that guys shouldnt hit women, and vice versa (that happens, it was in a magazine the other day). But cheating can't be justified; i think that it must be devestating for the partner of the cheater(that's just a guess, i never experienced it, thank god). And I know women who are abused are afraid, that's why we need to help them(don't ask me how, the people who actually have something to say about that should know how :) )

Oh,and where is redneck USA ? is a redneck something like a hillbilly?

11. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

sort of...I live in the south eastern part of the US, in the moutain regien.

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Guys who abuse women deserve not only nothing good but nothing neutral even. Women often cheat in such situations as they're looking for love and a way to get out perhaps. A lot of men on the other hand cheat for no reason just because they can't remain faithful.

13. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Higamus hogimus woman's monogamous.
    Hogimus higamus, man's polygamous.

With sincere appoligies to Ogden Nash, who I am sure I am misquoting, but only in detail.

Seroiusly, what is cheating? I have been in open relationships since the '60s. This does not mean I sleep around. Or go behind anyone's back. A friend once accused me of being faithful to three women at once*. At the time, he was sneaking around on two :lol: . If everyone knows & agrees is it cheating?

We can go from there right into the ethics of asymetricly open relationships. Those are the ones where one partner can step out, but the other cannot. By mutual agreement. And unless it is by mutual agreement, it is a form of bullying. I know several couples who are happy with that one.

Then there are those relationships that go beyond merely open. Sharing can be a wonderful thing....

*He was right. I had never looked at it that way before.

14. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

In a sense, quite a few of you guys are condoning a woman cheating, saying it's her only way out of a bad situation, while reviling it in men. This kind of double standarding is sexist. Yes, sexist. By saying women don't cheat for fun and men don't do it because they feel trapped or under someone's thumb is not only false, it proposes that men are always emotionally stronger than women. Pedestalizing women is just as reprehensible as objectifying. Or, rather, it amounts to the same thing. When you see a women as either virgin or whore, beloved or victim, you devalue them.

Now, I don't cheat, but for no reason other than I don't like betraying trust, of women, of family, of friends, of anyone.

However, I know quite a few women who cheat, play around, go hunting for ass, take advantage of men, emotionally abuse men, prefer open relationships, control their men. When they cheat, most often it's to spice things up. Yes, it may not be healthy, it may be a symbol that their relationship is flawed, but it's rarely because their man is abusing them, emotionally or physically, or even that he's doing the same thing.

The last three women I was with when I was last single were ALL cheating on their boyfriends (one husband). I asked them why. All of them gave me some variation of saying they felt that sex with only one man, all the time, was like prison. I don't condone it. But they were not victims. Maybe, just maybe, their men were victims.

That's not to say some women aren't vicitms, and one is far too many, but not all of them. And guys who hit women are sure as shit deserving of a lesson (though maybe not necessarily a trip to the hospital).

Man, that's one reason I left America. People's attitudes to sex and violence are completely fucking reversed. Sex is good, should be celebrated, visible, and only avoided in a few circumsatnces. Violence is awful, cruel, should be reviled, and should be avoided except for the rarest, most necessary circumstances.

15. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

I completely agree. Some of the most abusive people I know are women...People aren't pegs that can be fit into slot a or slot b (parden the undertones in that statement....)

I live in america...and have been looking for a way to leave for some time...your right, society in america is COMPLETELY screwed up, and getting worse.

BTW, I don't think sex should be advertised, but not hidden either.

16. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, cheating on someone isn't the best way to solve anything. It might be understandable when the cheating party (either sex) has a marital relationship which implies being badly abused or mistreated, and needs to evade the bullying spouse or find love and understanding somewhere else. On the other hand, cheating just for fun or variety is unacceptable.

17. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

hmmmm.....

I don't understand how this works...

Their spouses abuse them...so they tempt their anger by cheating....I don't get it.

18. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Try this out for size. If an abuser & someone who wants to be abused find each other, it can be a good thing. But the abusee needs to feel like (s)he did something to get whomped for.

Personaly, I think S & M is more honest.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

That has to be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. S&M is not abuse, and is therefore irrelevant. As for someone who WANTS to be abused, they'd have to have serious psychological problems in order to seek out someone who treats them like shit, or actually physically abuses them. As for cheating on the abusive spouse, thats just more proof of the self-destructive cycle these women (the ones who stay with the abusers) go through, they think they're hurting the man, but all they're doing is putting themselves in a situation where they wil be further battered. "Whomping" a spouse is wrong, whether or not the spouse feels they did something wrong, and chances are that if the woman seeks out and stays with an abuser it is because they feel like it is their fault their husbands are forced to punish them. This type of woman probably suffered serious abuse from their fathers during the course of their maturation, it has nothing to do with 2 people finding a "good thing" embodied in a relationship of female guilt and battery.

20. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

There is some truth to the things you say, Sleek, but you are dead wrong about sadomasochism being non-abusive and "therefore irrelevant." Sadism is the infliction of suffering and cruelty. Masochism is the derivation of pleasure from experiencing suffering and cruelty. Put the two together and you don't get a neutral state. If you really believe that S&M isn't abusive then I guess you'd find nothing wrong with auto-erotic asphyxiation. Heck, you might be a practitioner. If that's the case, get some therapy; auto-erotic asphyxiation kills. If it's not the case, get some therapy. What I find funny is that you begin your statement by contradicting what you eventually iterate, all within the same paragraph. Take a look for yourself -- if you don't see your own hypocrisy I can point it out for you; free knowledge is usually worthless, or worse, detracts from one's pool of knowledge. I'll send you the bill for that little piece later on down the line.

Shady may be right with his statement that "S&M is more honest." Still, I think that sadomasochism and cheating are at the wrong end of the spectrum of love, although one may be a shade better than the other (no pun intended). I disagree that sadomasochism is a "good thing" on the grounds that it is a false love and therefore perverted from the true sense of what love is.

Our Host!