More news from SHNA (Solaris's Hilarious News Agency)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solaris, Nov 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

This time from CNN:

Amorous ram jams spy signals

Tuesday, November 4, 2003

LONDON, England (AP) -- A mysterious transmission that baffled British intelligence analysts for days was caused by a ram rubbing up against an aerial mast, a government agency said Tuesday.

Scientists at Government Communications Headquarters in Cheltenham, western England, an intelligence-gathering station, were baffled by strange high-frequency noises coming from Scarborough signal station in Yorkshire, northeastern England.

GCHQ's in-house paper, the Daily Observer, said the noises were unlike anything staff had encountered before and an investigating team initially thought they were coming from spies or aliens.

Their investigation found the signal only happened in the day time, went across all the high-frequency bands and only Scarborough aerials could pick it up.

Eventually, investigators discovered that a ram was rubbing its horns against the aerial masts "in between servicing some local ewes," the paper said.

"It's possible the ram was attracted to the mast which may have given off some kind of tingling sensation, but it was probably just a post to rub against," said GCHQ spokesman Bob McNally.

Once again I'm wondering what the world is coming to, if the communications of the British secret service can be jammed by a sheep. Now wonder Bin Laden is still out there :roll:

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    A ram rubbing up against an aerial mast eh? What's up next? :lol:

I share your worries. That's pretty darn bad. I mean, having their signal station at such a place and all that. Oh, the Brittish have always been like that I guess...

Please, keep 'em coming! It' always nice to smile at the mistakes of others! :)

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

As you wish. But next time it might be some Swedish news :p

4. Herald

Herald New Member

Hmm, funny Swedish news... I doubt if you'll find a lot of that :D . Isn't Sweden like 90% forest and 10% boredom? Maybe i have the wrong country in mind... geography never was my thing. But the news was quite funny Solaris :thumbup:

5. Stuart

Stuart New Member

And in other News

This happened in Copenhagen (Capital of Denmark) today:

Around closing time this evening a young man ran into a bakery, armed with a huge knife, and demanded all the money from the till.

The girl working behind the counter looked at him, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and threw him bodily out of the store with the words:
    "We don't have any today!"

The police would like to speak with anyone who might have seen a very disappointed-looking young man carrying a huge knife.

6. Silvara

Silvara New Member

:lol: Good one, Stuart.

Great news, Solaris! Keep it up :thumbup:

It's strange, isn't it... People invest lots of money in state-of-the-art tecnology to find that it can be fooled by simple things like this. Makes you wonder if it's really necessary...

Our Host!