Damage statistics in combat not appear.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Solaris, Nov 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

After I downloaded the patch, I can't see exactly how much damage I do in combat anymore. The text that showed damage inflicted does not appear anymore, I can only see when I get a critical hit/critical miss. Is it a feature that can be somehow turned on and off, or is it something that comes with the patch and cannot be undone?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It's not a patch feature. Just enter the options menu. Change Floats to Verbose. This isn't turned on by default, so that's why it doesn't show up (you did reinstall the game after all :D )

3. Herald

Herald New Member

Nooo way, is it possible to see how much damage each hit does :-o . That would have been freaking helpful when i was fighting those pesky ore dude in the Mines. I was wondering what did more dmg,my repeater rifle or my feither weight axe... Apparently i could have just checked the options :smash: Oh, i have lot's to learn concerning Arcanum.

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    Well, it's not that features like this one are that evident either. Unless you want to spend your valuable time hard-reading a manual, you'll probably miss them (I found out about this while playing around with the options, by the way)

I mean, Verbose Floats? What the fuck does that mean? I know my english skills aren't up for it. Oh well, time to hit that dictionary again I guess...

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Ohh thanks! Once again my sanity is saved by the Dark Elf. Aren't you supposed to hate technology, being a Dark Elf and all? :lol:

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    Ah, but you must be able to understand your enemy. That way you'll know how to fight back. :D

7. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Hmph. I was waiting for the bus, so I don't think it counts that I read the manual cover-to-cover...

Verbose = talks a lot. Floats = floating... er, hovering in mid-air.

Our Host!