Stupidity....

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by NobleKnight, Nov 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

Well I got fed up with my technologist so I did some slight modifing...

I love mexhanical arachinids...they are near useless...but I like spiders...

I changed the trap springer (why would you need this?) to:

combine 1 pocket watch parts with 1 engine muffler to get 1 minute steamworks

Also I changed beartrap to:

Combine minute steam engine and clock parts to get a small steam engine.

Was this incrediably stupid?

I just want my mechanical spider minions.....

2. Spaminister

Spaminister New Member

I personally think that's rather useful, as I found those items rather useless.... so would you be willing to have it put in a mod? if so, email me @ platnuimfangtheslayer@Hotmail.com

3. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

well, the thing is a bit to easy now....can make one in shouded hills...:(

2 things....

does minions steal xp like a party member?

and I was thinking of make a way to make dwarven steel in the smithy colledge by replacing the ultralite axe (never used it myself).

4. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

I would say replace one of the found schematics, as while some of them are very useful, others are quite useless. At the moment we are trying to name, decide what they do, and create gods. heh, so much work to be a god-builder! Why not make it so you combine a key-ring with something to create like basic lock-picks? after you have one key-ring the stores even having them is quite pointless.

5. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

6. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Don't you ever use the ultralite axe to make the pyrotechnic axe? If you haven't tried that, you are missing out on something, especially for a techie. Having a way to make dwarven steel would be nice, but I'd say keep the ultralite axe and the balanced sword. Maybe make a found schematic for dwarven steel?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why not replace the Flow Spectrometer with Dwarven STeel? (Dwarven Ore + Mithril Steel?) I mean seriously, how many of you have ever used the Flow Spectrometer? it's not useful, and while it may be under electrical, Dwarven STeel COULD be slightly electric in nature... or something like that... :roll:

8. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

Sorry! the Guest post is by me! I forgot to log in! btw, Blinky, if you read this: I can't send emails to AOL, I dunno why, I just can't get'em to go through... I think MSN blocks'em. so do you have AIM? (pm me and say yes/no)

9. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

Is it possible to MAKE a schematic? ... I found a way to put them in store...I didn't know if it'd freak up the game or not...

10. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

You have a good point there, DarkChylde. That Flow Spectrometer does seem pretty useless. Not sure if it's used for anything worthwhile at a higher level or not, but I can't think of anything I've ever used it for. I did make one once just to do it and see what it was, but then had no use for it. I have lots of times when I want to get my hands on Dwarven ore and Dwarven steel, so it would be nice to have a better source.

As far as making a schematic goes, it's theoretically possible, but the one time I did it, when I put it in a store inventory, it crashed the entire inventory. I'm not sure what the deal is on that. I think it's like making prototypes and you have to do something special and I don't understand it well enough yet. :/

11. NobleKnight

NobleKnight New Member

Yes, schematics are actually prototypes. It has to be an actual item...so it needs a proto...

...thats why I haven't made one yet...

...as soon as a find a way to make prototypes, I'll make some :)

Our Host!