Acess problem...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Silvara, Oct 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silvara

Silvara New Member

I tried to access the site one or two days ago and the first thing there was was a screen with the HoL graphics and stuff, but instead of the usual content (forum index, etc.) I got a message saying there was some error - I think it mentioned something about not having something required and something about mods, I think (not sure - I didn't pay much attention to what it said, sorry). I refreshed but got the same result. Then I exited the site. Anyone know what happened?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'll quote DU on this:

However, nobody seems to know exactly yet, but at least we're up and running again.

3. Spaminister

Spaminister New Member

I was getting a fairly similar error for awhile... but mine said YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED DU, do you know how to fix this? I hate being a newb again. Sincerly, Silvio.

4. Icairus

Icairus New Member

_Thorn, you never stopped being a n00b, you just became a n00b with a high post count.
    And that message saying "You have been banned" was intentional on one of the Admins' part.

5. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Er, I don't think that banning in an "error", or that it has to be "fixed". It's a process, like this: 1) You annoy mods and/or the admin. 2) Mods and/or the admin get tired of you. 3) They ban you, that is, they cancel your user account so that you can't annoy them anymore. 4) Therefore, you can't access the forum unless you register again, like you did. And I don't think anyone's going to reverse the process. When admins ban you they do it for a very good reason, in this case, that you have royally pissed them off. It's intended as a permanent punishment, not something you remove after a while. What did you think?

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It must suck to be you.

7. Spaminister

Spaminister New Member

so DU, which Mod was it who wanted me banned anyway? Jarinor is my guess.... but anyway, I like this board, sorry for those of you who dislike me, but I'm here to stay, wether my name be Spaminister, Silvio Arjunza, Matt Thorn, or whatever I come up with next. You may as well give me Silvio back, because I'm not leaving. :) :) :)

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

And you'll probably be banned on every account and ip address you post from.

9. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Well, this answers the age-old question: Who will be the next Hel Khat / all those other things

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I know how to fix it. Course, I have absolutely no interest in reversing the process, but I am willing to repeat it, if only for the sheer joy of banning you again.

Adios, motherfucker.

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Jar got his name and I just added his IP addreses to the Long List of People who Have Been Bannedâ„¢.

On another note, how are people with Quethim? I've been toying with the idea of letting him back in, see how he goes maybe. He pops into IRC a bit and seems to have calmed down. Anyone up for giving him a trial period?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen him on Aozos. I think you should give him a second chance, but my opinion doesn't count, right? I also chatted with him on MSN and he seems to have calmed down, yes.

Just to put in my 2 cents heh heh.

13. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I would definately lean towards allowing him back.
    However, he has a history of rapid swings between being in control and a reasonable poster, then becoming a Matt_Thorn.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, in that case I'm sure that Jar would just have to do what he does best, right? ;)

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

of course we should let Q back in for a trial, I mean he is the big Q, right?

Our Host!