Test your IQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Oct 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, I found this little IQ test on the net. You might as well want to try it out:

http://www.iqtest.com/iq-test.html#TEST

According to the chaps that made the site, they only differ something like +-5 from bigger tests, which could mean that they:

a) lie shamelessly

b) have made an extraordinary well done measurement for intelligence with only 38 questions.

Anyway, why don't you all go and do the test and tell me what IQ you have? (and please be serious, will you?)

My IQ was 131. ;)

REMEMBER

Remember to scroll up and fill in the forms. You'll receive your result by email.

Oh, and by the way - once you're done and have hit the submit button, you'll be taken to a malfunctional site. Don't worry, the mail is still delivered.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

hey i had 136, and when i took an actual iq test i got 128.

3. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I saw that test a while back. I put any answer down and made a 95.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

my score was 145. the last time i took one (8th grade) i got a 132, i guess with age comes wisdom...

i was still 1 point away from qualifying as a genius by their standards though :razz:

5. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I got a 146. Lemme know if you doubt it and I'll send forward the email to you. So that, according to thier scales, makes me a genius. Wow, that means I'm smarter at this than you doesn't it?

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

All of the online tests are a lie compared to the real thing. I never took an IQ test though. I've only taken a test that measures your knoweledge according to what grade you're in. I scored exactly as much as I should, despite the fact that my father had passed away a few months earlier which took me over 4 years to get over it.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Online IQ tests are full of shit. You need a real psychologist to administer a proper one. And anyone who takes on online IQ test seriously needs a psychologist anyway.

8. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Jar said:
    Jinxed said:
    First - I totally agree with both of you as you both could not be more correct.

Second - Having minored in psychology so far (my Professor has Adult-ADD) I know that any test saying that it can tell you your IQ in 38 questions is beyond inconsequential. We ( my class) have taken an actual IQ test and let me tell you that it was no 38 easy questions answered in some 6 minutes or so. That test was a total bitch, we sat there looking at questions that range from mundane to beyond complex, common sense to use-every-brain-cell hard, and for the most part exhausting.

Third - All in all that fucking test (which we took as a 'treat' for all having 90% plus on the first semester final) took just short of 6 HOURS!! And is very extensive and thourough in is diagnosis.

Last - IQ, or Intelligance Quota, is no more than a number telling how capable you are of learning, or how well, not actual intelligence which is 'the sum of all knowledge one has.' Knowledge being defined as facts that one can recall or remember. Since the average human being uses 10-15% of their total brain capacity IQ is not at all an accurate measure of real intelligence. Now Forrest Gump (IQ-70) learned most things just fine, yet Albert Einstein how is theorized to have used around 23-26% of his brain capacity could not tie his own shoes.

So what the conclusion can be made form an IQ test--------->your ability to learn

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, I've never really claimed to be in perfect mental health have I? :p

Anyway, that test just had to be broken - if our beloved Silvio-Arjunza could score as much 146, then that's as much as anything an indicator that it doesn't work. :thumbdown:

10. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

Take in account

Maybe it doesn't work but you have to remember that there are no IQ tests that give you a number in negative scientific notation. 10^-12 is a nasty number to have on a test you probably paid good bucks for. :evil:

11. Rane

Rane New Member

IQ Test Result

:p WOAH! :p I got a score of 145, and I'm only 15 !

Young Genius :lol:

12. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Your IQ is meant to be (mental age)/(real age) * 100. this means that Rane has an internet mental age of 21.75. This IQ test is obviosly flawed in that a 30 year old person who gets every answer right (hypothetically) has the same IQ as a 15 year-old who gets half of the answers right by putting a random answer. The average global IQ is, definition, 100 so the site is almost certainly lying to get you to fell happy and tell all your friends what a wonderful site it is.

13. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, here's another one: Yet another test!. It has a lot more questions, and it doesn't seem so easy.

14. Settler

Settler Member

I got 150-160 (can't remember exactly) when I was about seven...current results pending...

[edit] - If you really want an accurate IQ test, do it the way I (that is, my parents) did - I had several one-on-one sessions over about six weeks.

[edit] - Okie, I got 167 on one test and 135 on the other :???: (without knowing what the hell an ounce was in metric terms :) ) . So much for accuracy...

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

in the one that was posted first, i got 136, the second that was posted i got 117, the real one i took was 128, so i'm gonnas stick with my 128.
    and both the tests posted on this forum really suck.

16. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Try this test battery: http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm

It was the most accurate (closest to the professionally administered tests I've taken) I've found on the web. Ain't perfect, but it's online, so what do you want. Try the Culture-fair version if English isn't your first language or the exceptional intelligence test if you are, well, exceptional. My parents always taught me as a kid not to share my IQ, and the habit just stuck, so I'm not gonna say what I got on it, but go ahead, give it a shot.

17. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

lab said:
    If you read my earlier post you will see that sharing your IQ does nothing more than tell everybody what your ability to learn is. :) :-? :-x :cry: :eek: :thumbup:

18. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

RPJunkie, that's all IQ claims to be. Well, no, not all, but most. That's what intelligence MEANS. It doesn't mean how much knowledge you have, as someone else wrote. It means how quickly you can garner new knoweldge, but also how well you can manipulate ideas, process data, sythesize the knowledge you already have. It basically tests brain efficiency. And that is, really, more important in the long run than how much you know, as you can do more with what you know, and you can learn more faster. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just don't see why you are using the word "only".

19. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

labyrinthian said:
    Well, I am never one to feign ignorance :smash: , so I must therefore tip my hat to you :partyhat: . You obviously have an intellect that is on par with those containing great wealths of knowledge. :)

Keep up the good work and may your IQ never leave you 'up a shit creek w/o a paddle'. [always liked that one growing up]

20. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Er, what? I never said what my IQ was, whether it was high or low. Or (in this thread) whether I had a lot of knowledge or a little. I was just clarifying what the IQ test purposes to be, since you seemed a little confused on that. So, again, what were you saying, RPJ? Don't see how your post relates to mine. Guess my IQ and my knoledge base concerning what the hell you were talking about were both too low. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!