Working Arcanum Wepaon Prototype Editor Found

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Luck, Oct 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Luck

Luck New Member

Talk about crazy... all this time we've been working on or waiting for an easy to use prototype editor, and there's one already on the web.

http://arcanumedit.couchpotato.net:5678/?item=6173

I gave it a spin last night, and it works. Changed the short bow to 20-40 damage and using fuel instead of arrows with 4 mouse clicks.

All credit goes to the author, David Green (and the people he credits, of course).

Enjoy,
    Luck

2. Langolier

Langolier Member

Holly CRAP! I'm so happy I could SQUIRT! :D
    This is too good to be true....i'm sure there is some catch to all this....
    Damn, the guy who made this deserves a freaking medal. Guess I dont have to worry about hex-editing now.

3. Luck

Luck New Member

Yeah, that was roughly my reaction also. 8)

Luck

4. Langolier

Langolier Member

Well.... I might have found one bug, or it could just be a problem caused by one of the mods I have installed. I cant seem to modify the Clarington rifle no matter what I do. I have tried removing (both) clarington protos and then downloading it again directly into the proto folder..but it doesnt seem to work. Has anyone else had this problem? Or could they try it perhaps?
    Everything else I've had a chance to look at seems to have turned out ok though.. oddly enough the sharpshooter's pistol is now exactly like a Fine Revolver... no biggie though.

5. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

This website is old but it is not working very correctly .

6. Luck

Luck New Member

Lang: The Clarington Rifle thing is a problem with Arcanum itself... it seems to be built into the engine the way it is. In the Readme file that goes with Otto Krupp's GunMod, he mentions this problem.

chris: I'm not clear on what your statement says, but it works quite well for me. Every proto I've used has worked fine.

7. Langolier

Langolier Member

What a bummer. The Clarington Rifle is too cool to be messed up. :(
    At least the other guns are worth it now! :D
    I had a similar problem with the Repeater Rifle, but I fixed it...dont know why the problem occured... but I just re-downloaded it a bit more cautiously and it fixed itself.
    OH! Does anyone know how to find the 'special' weapons (Sharpshooters pistol) in Description.mes? The sharp shooters pistol now displays the same stats marked for the fine revolver in description.mes, I can tell it still has it's unique hit bonus, but I cant fix it as I dont know how to find it. I heard its in a file that I would need to undat, but my undat wont work. ?
    Well, turns out the Clarington rifle can be edited afterall. I just made sure that when I downloaded the modified proto that it copied over "6139 - weapon" proto and it seems to have worked.

8. Stuart

Stuart New Member

How do I go about editing the amount of damage that explosives do? Plastique, dynamite and all that stuff.

-Stuart

9. Rane

Rane New Member

Editor

SH*T GOD DAMN ! I salute the person who found this editor (Thanks Luck :thumbup: ) and ofcourse the person who made it David Green. :D

10. Rane

Rane New Member

Editor

Hey, why isn't there a off-line version ? :/
    Anyhow... nevermind no biggie.

11. Rane

Rane New Member

Editor

Hey Luck, is there a similar Item Editor e.g Armor editor or something ? :-?

12. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Upon adding it to your favorites list, you have the option of: Make avalible offline. That should work. Forgive my spelling. EDIT: I've heard of double posting, but triple posting, that's pretty bad! :p

13. Rane

Rane New Member

Sorry

:p Sorry :p But has anyone found an Item Editor yet ? :-?

14. cbilge

cbilge New Member

I Need Help

Sorry for the fooolishness, but i downloaded a short bow but it doesn't seem to work on my existing games or new ones, what should i do to make it work??? i tried it on a new game but it just doesn't work plz help me :x

15. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

There is not an item editor yet, but there is one being developed. It's not out yet and it's not mine, so I don't feel free to make any announcements about it. When it is available, I'll be sure that if it's not posted here that I post it.

16. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Last I heard Dkoepp was working on it, but the fellow is VERY rarely online, and I haven't heard anything about it in ages.

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Neither have I unfortunately. And I'm working with him!
    Oh, he's up past your bed time.

18. Technomage Morhion

Technomage Morhion New Member

While playing Arcanum I came across the newspaper article of the guy prototyping a "magickal gun", and thought that it'd actually be nice to have a gun for the magically inclined. I've been trying, and not succeeding, in making a pistol that doesn't use ammo, instead uses a daily supply of mana (like the Arcane Staff) to deal it's damage. I want the nice projectile graphic of the Tesla Gun (the nice ball of electricity), or shoots the fireflash spell. Does anyone know of a way I could do this?

19. tree1180

tree1180 New Member

re

I know how to make just one gun not use ammo in a mod, in WorldEd, you click on edit on a gun, and change "Ammo type" to none. it works

20. Baal

Baal New Member

I've been looking fo this fo a long time.

Thank you man!!!

Our Host!