A really stupid question...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Trin, Oct 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Trin

Trin New Member

Okay. If you know you have picked up an item, but you can't figure out where the frip you stored it, is there some way to find it OTHER than visiting every. single. blarmy. place you've been to in the entire game? I'd even be willing to mess with raw code.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

what did you lose? did you give it to a follower? did you break it? y be you dropped it and a follower picked it up?sometimes if you drop an item near an npc they will walk over and pick it up and equip it or just keep it in their inventory.

more specifics please.

3. Trin

Trin New Member

Thanks for the quick response! It was the camera from the crash site. I could have SWORN I put it in the inn at Dernholm, but when I went there to look, it wasn't there. So I looked at the other two places I've been storing things - not there. I looked at my followers, too - no luck.

Eee... help?

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

it doesnt really matter if you lost it then because the camera is useless. i'm assuming you need something to give to rittsze, in that case just go do the ned bessie toone quest, you get mor experience that way.

5. Trin

Trin New Member

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Actually, I DO need it - I have to give it to someone in Caladon. >_< Argh... thanks anyway.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Were in the Dernholm inn did you put it? If you just put it on the floor it's very likely that a NPC has picked it up, just as Sleek said.

Now, if you've put it in a barrel or some other container, I'd be goddamned if I knew were it has went for you. I've never experienced any troubles when storing equipment in chests and the like. Are you really sure that you're looking at the right place?

Other than that, do you have a save around the time were you botched the camera? If not, let that be a lesson of the benefits of frequent saving (not that I think you would want to go so far back, but anyway...)

Hope you find it though. If you don't, well, bad luck. Just go on playing, it's not worth it to restart just because of that :)

7. Trin

Trin New Member

*chuckles weakly* Actually, I think I may have figured out where it went, and now have a new problem. I think Dante has it.

And Dante is no longer in my party. @_@ Gah, I hope that's not true.....

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Kill him. Kill them all. Do whatever is necessary to get it back.

9. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

As I normally play a tech character, the camera is one of the most useful peices of junk to lump around.

Sure, it does nothing but take up space, but you get something VERY useful out of it later on! (better than Virgil and Raven combined for healing!)

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

really?
    what is it and where can i get a camera?

11. Stuart

Stuart New Member

You get the camera off the corpse of that Isac-fellow at the crashsite.
    And what you get, if I remember correctly, is a medical aracnid, which is very useful for healing tech characters.

-Stuart

12. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Right and Right. You also get the schematics to make a medical arachnid. It fights (surprisingly well) and it heals you VERY quickly. The only thing it doesn't do is resurrect. Hey, technology has to have SOME limits, otherwise it would overbalance magic well and truly! So I have Virgil and Raven in the party, but they don't even bother trying to heal me any more while I have my clockwork freind running around (slowly) and giving me a healing hand.

Our Host!