Soggy!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by urgh, Oct 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. urgh

urgh New Member

How much charisma do you need to get sogg mead muhg?

2. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

3. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Actually, I've got him to join with a charisma score of 8. It requires a point invested in persuasion though. I don't know if you can get him with a lower CHA score than that though. I suppose that your points spent in CHA and Persuasion must be equal or more than 9 for it to work.

5. jorrit

jorrit New Member

sorry to dig this thread up again....but better then creating a new one, right?

I have 8 charisma, and a persuasion skill, but Sogg wont join me..
    what can be the problem? (i'm not evil...yet)

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The problem is you have 8 ch and 1 in persuasion, not 9 in ch and 1 in persuasion. Even if persuasion can get him without 9 ch, you need 9 ch to get enough persuasion. So in short, just get 9 ch.

EDIT:
    Shoot man, yea, I thought that said December 19th, not October. Man, IMO, it would be better to make a new thread. You can just put a link to the original in your first post.

I'm not sure how often this topic is gone over, but if you search for some of your questions you should find out alot of the answers without having to ask.

Not too great of a biggie, but try not to dig anymore.

7. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Actually, it does depend on your character's race to a certain degree. Sogg doesn't like elves. So if you are playing an elf or a half-elf, you will have to have more points in persuasion and the full 9 in charisma before there is any way he will even talk to you about joining. In fact, my daughter likes to play elves and has had him be rather rude to her characters and refuse to join until she got 2-3 points in persuasion and even then she had to buy him a drink before he would join her. I don't play elves much and I can usually get him to join me by just asking, but i tend to push charisma early and play backgrounds that are strong on charisma and persuasion and beauty. If you're ugly, Sogg will react poorly, too, so that's another factor.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, if you're ugly lots of people react poorly.

Our Host!