Things That Piss Me Off: A Compendium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canis, Oct 8, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

On the topic of dogs: Hmmm.....all the dogs I have ever had have been mangy mutts. I had a Chocolate Lab that was so protective it knocked over my 80year old nieghbor and broke her arm. Sheesh, that's too protective for me. (As I type this I hear the constant bark of my Catahoulas) I had to get rid of it because they would'nt renew my homeowner's insurence. My Catahoulas on the otherhand are all bark and no bite. *BARK! BARK!* Let's start an organization aginst Democrats! There's nothing more I hate than Yankees and Liberals. Stonewall Jackson for vice presedent. (Uncle Robert for presedent)

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Despite my fervent belief that Conservatives are not good for anything, I understand what he means. Due to the lack of things like political correctness, common decency, and any respect for life, conservatives can be much more efficient.
    Please tell me this is satiric. My opinion on the intelligence of most humans is currently on life support. Don't make it die.

3. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I could say the same thing to you. Down with political correctness! Down with Gun Control. " A well regulated militia being nessesary for the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

<nearing explosion>

wow, i've crapped a brick before...

instead of responding to the last few posts in a way that will get me a nice "ultra-liberal anal retentive" avatar, i'm just going to relate to you why i am up at midnight here in virginia...

is is by far the scariest thing that i have ever ever ever been subjected to by the way.

i live at home, i sleep in the walkout basement of our house (we live on a hill and the back half of the basement has windows and a door leading out to the backyard while the other sides face dirt, but this really means nothing, i'm just clarifying that i'm not living in a shitty basement, but anyway), and i was asleep until about 10 minutes ago when i heard screaming coming from the top floor (second story), my mom screamed and shouted "get out get out get out!" and then i heard my little brother scream "ooooohhhhhhhh" and i heard some furniture fall over and people moving around. i'm suddenly terrified for my mom and siblings and i grab a lacross stick and run upstairs in my undrpants and a t-shirt ready end off the marauding hordes invading my home, and all that had happened was that the yankees had hit a home run in the american league (or something) finals. my mom had been screaming get out as in she wanted the ball to get out of the ballpark, and the furniture was my brother getting up from his chair a little violently... and suddenly i'm standing there in my underpants full of adrenaline and fear.

god dammit i fucking hate baseball.

ok, now to respond to the other posts a little more calmly...

blinky, i think republicans do the worst possible jobs as mayors and school board members. if you want to see a sudden spike in death row occupency, or never want to have your children taught about a little thing called evolution, or ave some kind of desire to have the diaries of anne frank banned from public schools, then conservatives are right up your alley.

bayou, i dont understand why you think stonewall jackson could be anything but a good millitary strategist... and like labyrinthian said in another post, there are plenty of yankee conservatives/republicans... especially in pennsylvania.

and why the hell would we ever need a militia? are you an anarchist or a conservative? all the militias i know of dont want anything to do with any government, let alone be subjected to the rule of an ultra conservative government which they believe constitutes a police state.

either way, i think there is a place for conservatism in government, but not a big one. may be in terms of how we deal with our current slavery laws, i'm very conservative about those policies, they definitly should be conserved. the same goes for women voting, and the right to a quick and impartial trial by a jury.

5. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

well ca has some bad problems and about Arnold hes a joke but he is still ok at least he won't take bribes he has so much money from the movies. :D
    nice wallpaper. :thumbup:
    I have heard the republicans are controlled by some alien race oh well :roll:
    Canis don't you play any blizzard entertainment games as well they are great internet games. :)

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Wait, hold up. I can and will explain myself.

I think that conservatives get things done alot more quickly than democrats. When you need to handle relatively small problems, on a town level, they do a decent enough job. For the most part. I know plenty of bloodsucking republicans who should be put down, not elected. I also know some fucking stupid democrats who really test my liberalism.

I like how republicans don't think out situations that don't need to be thought out. Democrats always are asking why. Why this? Why that? Some things just are. Columbine is a perfect example. It was a tragedy, but five minutes after it, 80 million mothers are on the air, "It was video games, it was rock. No wait, it was rap music, or toy guns." And don't get me started on the whole affirmative action and political correctness thing.

I feel that republicans, who tend to think about their locality much more than they think about other places, do a better job at the local level. But at the same time, as president of the United States, the most international country on Earth, you cannot have any sort of provincial view. America should come first, but you also need to keep the effects our actions have on the rest of the world in the back of your mind. When your dealing with problems as complex as the Israel-Palestine conflict, or globalization, you NEED to think it out, you can't just act.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

blinky, rdemocrats werent the ones blaming video games and the media etc, it was groups of conservative-minded parents/schoolboard members, and a couple republican senators. do you think a liberal person would be in favor of censorship?

what the hell is wrong with affirmative action exactly? its not about race, its about helping people from lower income areas, (and therefore areas with shitty schools because thats just the way it works because people whos parents hold down 2 jobs dont get as much attention or academic encouragement as more privelaged people) or at least that SHOULD be what its about. anyway, i dont think it shouldnt exist, i just think it should apply to more than african americans.

when it comes to republicans on a local level... please give some examples. i'm sure the cops who beat rodney king half to death were definitly on the conservative side. look at the texas prison system for example, they have something like 50 executions a year as compared to the average of 3 per year in other states. like you said, republicans dont think things out, and people who dont consider every side of a situation tend to be etremely HARSH.

8. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I made a post here. However, when I looked at it, I realized that I must have been smoking crack when I made it, because it made no sense.
    So now this message has replaced it.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

If you don't know sleek, I was quoting the second ammendment to the Constitution. Stonewall Jackson was more than you are, will be, or could dream to be.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

congratulations, but we have the national guard, state, and city police in every state of america. they didnt have police back then, they also had to worry about the invading english, and probems with more hostile native americans (like disney's squanto, :eek: ), i'm pretty sure they were not referring to a buncha good'ol'boys in waco waiting for the fbi to come and invade their homes. that whole situation wouldnt have even happened had those millitant idiots recognized the fact that you realy shouldnt need automatic weapons no matter how much you want to play with them! the dated terminology constitution shouldnt be an excuse for gun nuts to stockpile automatic weapons and turn their homes into bunkers in fear of the enemy they imagine in the federal government.

notice i said FEDERAL not CONFEDERAL. :)

of course i assume you were joking in the anti-gun control post anyway so, whatever. i forgive you. :razz:

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Actually I think Tipper Gore and her MHOP Society, Mothers Hooked On Prozac Society, enjoy spewing bs about how violence in music is ruining American kids. Yea alot of people were talking about how everything else, besides them interestingly enough, was to blame, but I know that in my town the liberals were screaming about how we should ban guns, and ban video games. I know a couple of republicans who actually stumbled on the right idea, that the kid's were just fucking crazy and the it wasn't South Park that pushed them over the edge.

All I'm trying to say is that all republicans are not evil scum suckers, some are actually fairly intelligent, and all liberals are not little angels. And if you want to even TRY and think they are, then you have absolutely no right to say anyone else doesn't think things through, because you would be acting just as stereotypical and ignorant as you accuse the republicans of acting.

I know several liberals in favor of censorship. My teacher, she's very liberal, she also teaches dramatics. But she still got a kid suspended for wearing a weed t-shirt. Now you can try and equate that with the logic that it's school and all that, but she doesn't restrict it to school, she feels that alot of things should be censored, at least to a degree.

Affirmative action is COMPLETELY wrong. It's not about race? Are you fucking retarded! I just took my PSATs today, and you know what one of the questions on the information form was. What is your race? With a little blurp at the bottom about how they need to promote equal scoring. Do you know what wasn't on the form? Your gross family income, that's what wasn't there. There are scholarships for underpriveledged kids. There is financial aid. No, affirmative action is where one person, who might be from a lower income area is passed over for a job they are qualified for because they are white or asian. And a black, or hispanic, or muslim person gets the job and whether or not they are qualified is a seperate issue. My sister for example. First applications to college she said she was white. She's a decent student, 90+ average, lots of extra-curriculars, and a decent, 1200+ of the SATs. She only got accepted to 3 out of 8 colleges that round. So she sent them out again. Same forms, except she included the fact we are part hispanic. All 8 replied and said they would take her. No Sleek, it's not about race at all is it?

It might sound a little heartless, but if a student comes from a poorer school, they come from a poorer school. It's a disadvantage. It really isn't as bad as you want it too seem, because if you look, there are thousands of scholarships just waiting to be had. There was a scholarship at my school, no one had gotten it in 20 years, but it was still there. So I checked it out and you know what, I have a scholarship for college now. When you go into the real world and try and get a job, is your boss going to care if you came from a bad school? No you'll have a job to do, and you better fucking be able to do it, because there are no race points in an office. There are no underpriveledged child points. How about you go into work and say, I only finished half my work, but I'm muslim, so do I get a promotion? I didn't do that project, but my mom and dad are divorced. So where's my bonus? If you have the grades, and put in the effort, you will get into college, but I really don't think it's fair that a kid who has only put in the effort to go to a community college is getting into an engineering school over another kid who's works his or her fucking ass off.

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ok, try to approach the whole affirmative action from a more understanding point of view. the intention is not to keep better students out of college even though that result is the largest problem with it. try to imagine what its like to grow up in an area infested with gang violence and drug addiction etc, try to imae what the schools must be like there. its not about the school system, its about the social problems trapping decent people in the detructive cycle. affirmative action just gives them a chance to see that there are other ways out of the slums than the "8 mile" solution.

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

And Sleek, maybe in the world in your head, that's what it accomplishes, but here in the real world, it does no such thing. There are alot of white kids and asian kids in college. So if you're white or asian, affirmative action will screw you. It doesn't matter if your rich or poor, that's not what they ask on the tests. They ask your race. Simply as that. If your black or hispanic, it doesn't matter where you come from, you get extra points. The actual goal of affirmative action is to promote a more integrated system of employment, or education. Now that's fine, but if no muslim kids are willing to study to get into college, why should 40 white kids be prevented just to meet a quota? Now, maybe it SHOULDN'T be about what it is. Maybe is SHOULD be to help underpriveledged kids. But until it actually IS, I want no part of it.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

muslim is not a race...

anyway, just because tipper is married to a democrat doesnt mean shes a liberal, and it doesnt mean she anti-conservativism. the group she headed, the PMRC, was linked to, and funded by many right wing religious groups.

i'm not rying to defend affirmative action, i'm just trying to argue that its not necissarily the most evil thing in the world... the psats only do that for census purposes, when you apply for the bennefits of affrimative action they look at your family's income as well as where you come from etc. these people arent NOT doing work to get into college. its not like a white van drives into the ghetto and kidnaps the first 18 year old they see.

15. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Just out of curiousity, what colleges did she apply to? This isn't about affirmative action at all, but I wanted to know because some schools don't think that 1200 is a good enough score to look at. I'm not saying "UR sister is dumb!! lol u dum boi its not b/c shes white!!", but I know that some schools have a certain cut off and if your SAT score is under that, they don't even look at your application.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

If it's not about affirmative action, how come that same 1200 was good enough when she said she was part latino?

She's going to Adelphi by the way.

EDIT: Oh I'm sorry, I misread your post, I thought you were saying her getting into college wasn't about affirmative action.

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

dammit, saying you're p[art latino is a great idea...

does anyone here actually consider full blodded spanish people latin? i don't, i think of latinos ascentral/south americans whos ancestors were a heavy mix of spanish and native american descendants...

full blown spanish people are just white folks with bushy eye brows imo.

18. Silvara

Silvara New Member

It depends on what your definition of "latino" is. The term comes from Latin America, but the "Latin" in it comes from having descended from the Spanish and Portugese (who speak languages derived from Latin) so you could consider them latinos. Besides, the Native American descendance thing varies from place to place, and there are lots of people of Negro ancestry (in Brazil, for example) so it's a mix of European, Native American and Negro blood.
    Can anyone explain what "affirmative action" is in a way a non-American can understand, please?

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Alright, there are a couple of different kinds. The first one is quotas. Basically if a school is admitting 100 students, the school decides, so it doesn't appear racist, that at least 10 HAVE to be black, at least 10 HAVE to be hispanic, and at least 10 HAVE to be women. So it doesn't matter if 80 perfect white male students try and apply, only 70 can get in. and if only 10 women apply, and there all are barely passing with much lower test grades they still bump out the white males, because there NEED to be at least 10 women.

Now, a different type of affirmative action is just points. Colleges have entrance requirements, and most use a point system. If you have a solid 90 average, you get a specific number of points. Extra curricular activities also count. What is horrendous is that, at one school, while a perfect score of 1600 on the SATS, the equivelant of the BAC in Europe, counted for like 15 points, being African American counted for 30. Now most schools aren't this extreme, but when your judging people based on their academic merit, why is race even an issue?

20. Silvara

Silvara New Member

So I, being a Latino girl, would have more chances of being admitted into a school?

Our Host!