Rogue Fire Elementals

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gjpayne, Oct 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. gjpayne

gjpayne New Member

I have a problem with fire elementals (and other critters) summoned by one memeber of my party attacking another member of my party when there are no more enemies in sight. There are enemies around because I can't switch off combat mode to stop this. They are through a doorway bottleneck for example but not where the elemental can get to it. Instead of doing nothing until a legit target comes by it starts beating on the nearest NPC.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I stop or prevent this?

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Who has been making these Elementals?
    In general, I would make the simple piece of advice that it must be Geoffrey-Taralond-Ashe and you should just shoot him on sight. He is a horrible NPC.
    That is my assumption as to who is doing the summoning, though.
    If that is not a reasonable way of dealing with things, you can try things like having a staff which holds some fancy meta spell.

3. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

move away from that area then get out of combat mode i have to do that sometimes when you get out of combet mode your followers summons will disapper.
    Icairus are a few followers that having summoning spells and they are some of the best followers in the game do not kill your summoning followers because they are very useful.

4. gjpayne

gjpayne New Member

I don't have Geoffery. I have Raven, Jormund and Perriman with summoning spells. The problem was I could not always get out of combat in time to prevent someone from being killed. Last time it happened I was blocked on both sides in a narrow hallway and couldn't get away to turn off combat mode.

As for using a fancy staff, I'm pure tech and in the void at the moment. Won't work.

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I've used Raven several times, and never seen her summon anything. Interesting.
    However, the advice you are stuck with is: Save often. When bad stuff like that happens, reload and try again by doing something differently.

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Raven learns Water spells, and can cast Body of Water on herself or summon Water Elementals. Dante does the same with Air. They usually do it when facing an especially tough enemy, probably out of fear or something. Geoffrey can summon Undead or Fire elementals. But I've never had summoned elementals attack me or my party. What is truly annoying is Dante, armed with an Arcane axe, casting Body of Air on himself and becoming completely useless in combat.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Jormund is a force mage & has the full Fire & Force colleges under his belt. He can & will summon Fire Elementals, but they have never turned on me.

Are you patched? And is Raven wearing the Helm of Yacazar's cost?

8. gjpayne

gjpayne New Member

Yes, I am patched and no Raven is not wearing that particular helm. I have not had any of them attack me but I have had Raven killed once or twice in this situation. Thankfully I was saving frequently so it was no biggy to backtrack. I finished the game today with all my NPC's still breathing so it was really just a nuisance not an insurmountable problem. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem.

9. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Ditto for me with Raven. I give her Emuylin's bow (sp? bloody elves :p), and instead of zapping the bad guys at a million arrows a minute, she suddenly goes *sploosh* and turns into a blue version of Gumby, and about as combat proficient!

I, too, have had that problem though. Raven turns into Big Blue Gumby, and Virgil uses the Stillwater Blade to summon a wolf (or whatever, I hardly keep track of that thing). Combat ends, and then the wolf attacks Raven and I can't end combat. The wolf shows as 'freindly', so I can't willingly kill it without POing the other party members. I usually just press the spacebar and let them beat it out. Raven always wins... eventually. That Body Of Water really blows that it takes her so long to whack a simple wolf.

This has only happened since I patched, so I'd say therein lies the problem...

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

That particular helm gives +4 PE & 1/2 bow. Raven needs that helm. It ups her accuracy so she will stop putting arrows in Jormund's Fire Elementals. There is no reason to think this is a bug. Merely the expected result if she should pump about three or four arrows into the thing.

Our Host!