Vendrigoth Ruins Lag!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by zeke, Oct 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. zeke

zeke New Member

Some parts (Tarant and some random places) of the game have been lagging so much for me its barely playable (and only 'cause I'm perseverant...)

When I go to the Vendrigoth ruins it gets unbearable...where is the actual entrance to the ruins? I don't want to search the area, I'll go crazy :-(

2. Susano

Susano New Member

LOL. yupp that IS the laggies part of the game, because

*SPOILER*

there are so many spiders buried beneath the earth.. all waiting to come out.

/SPOILER

I think its up right from the start point.... rather right.
    and, well, I pased this with a 300mhz processor, while arcanum officialy reqquires 350, so, it cant be that bad :p

3. zeke

zeke New Member

:)

Thanks! It took me about an 45 minutes in an area that should only take a couple minutes but I made it...whew...

I'm playing on my old 533, 350 must've been hell. :???:

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

That is why in my mod 2/3 rds of the spiders in that area well disapeared.

5. zeke

zeke New Member

6. Susano

Susano New Member

Heh it was. that is why I still despise tarant...

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Laging is a viedo card memory problem, not a CPU speed problem. Things such as the spider generators burn CPU cycles, but with a 64 meg video card, almost all your problems disapear.

Things thet slow down a video card; big parties, lots of baddies on screen, lots of NPCs in the area, even if you cannot see them (those streets in Trant that are slow down points), BRIGHT backgrounds such as are found on the Isle of Dispair & Vendigroth, explosions, & lots of dead bodies laying around.

For you who have older machines & a limited budget, 64 meg MX 440 cards in both AGP & PCI bus are offered regulary for under $50 US & sometimes under $30 after rebate.

8. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

yea... I've got a 64, and I'm having no problems at all, Video cards are only $40 bucks or so (American guess), and it's well worth the cash... it makes Arcanum run smoother, and it keeps things looking pretty... :) or if you've got the cash you may wanna just upgrade your Cpu as well, which is more expensive, but sooner or later your gonna have to do it... sorry, ramblin... :roll:

9. Shire

Shire New Member

Yes, Tarant is pain. I' going with 333 MHz machine with 16 Mb video card. It is pain...

Our Host!