a big man i am

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Oct 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hey guess what? i turned 19 yesterday! celebration of this awesome event i'd like to say that it is very depressing not to be 18 anymore. im never going to 18 again and this is the begining of my last year as a "teenager" though i dont really think 19 posesses the same recless sense of irresponsibility or youthfulness as 16,17, and 18 did. i mean, all my life i've heard elderly and middle aged people talking about how they wished they could be 18 again, and now that i'm past that little golden age its kind of depressing. i'm 3000 miles away from all my old buddies n california etc, i'm at a college where people dont know who i am to the degree that they did in california (i've got a couple friends who told me that in my absence theyve been going by a little saying they came up with: "what would charlie do?"), no more putting salami on the hoods of muscle cars owned by rascists or going to free ska shows at the house of blues... oh well, at least i got a sushi/sashimi platter for dinner.

besides i'm sure theres a music scene around here somewhere... may be i'll drive down to georgetown or something this weekend.

anyway; in celebration of this momentous occasion i'm going to share with you guys a list of my favorite bands/songs at this point in time (not of all time, i'll tell you those if we meet in the afterlife, if there is one) so that perhaps you too may get a little enjoyment out of my slow process of maturation.

Favorite Songs for the Month of October, 2003
    the Adicts: You'll Never Walk Alone
    Morning Glory: *The Whole World is Watching*
    Toy Dolls: *Nellie the Elephant*
    Tool: Parabola
    Zwan: *Endless Summer*
    Misfits: Where Eagles Dare, Last Caress
    Ben Folds Five: *Philosophy*, Army, The Battle Of WHo Could Care Less, Magic
    Descendants: Hope, Jean is Dead
    the Suburban Legends: *Popular Demand*, *I Want More*, Desperate, Don Juan, Alternative is Dead
    The Pixies: *Levitate Me*, *Piggie Gone to Heaven*
    Superdrag: the Staggering Genius
    the Fountains of Wayne: *Mexican Wine*, Valley of Malls, *Radiation Vibe*
    CKY: flesh into gear, disengage the simulator
    AFI: catch a hot one
    Thrice: Phoenix Ignition
    Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon: Will the Fetus be Aborted, Love me I'm a Liberal
    Dead Kennedys: *Soup is Good Food*, *Rambozo the Clown*
    Sunny Day Real Estate: *8*, *seven*, *Dissapear*, *the Prophet*
    the Aquabats: *Pizza Day* *Super Rad*

Pretty extensive eh? Its a pretty good varietythough its heavily punked out, but there is some ska, piano music, alternative etc in there. but whatever. i hope some of you find something you like.

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

WHAT! NO SYSTEM, YOU BLASPHEMER! I DON'T CARE WHAT YEAR IT IS, TOXICITY AND AERIALS WILL ALWAYS BE ON MY FAVORITES LIST!

Oh, more reasons to celebrate. I'm sexy now! I just weighed myself. 215! And I'm looking good too! I'm surprised, I had muscles under there, all those years of football did something. Oh and I scored 5 touchdowns today and 2 interceptions. It was just a game amongst friends though, wish I could EVER do that in a real game.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

You can, Blinky, you can. Think about it for a minute. Why is it so easy to rack up the TD's in a pickup game of foosball with your homies, but when it comes to game time, you can't catch a ball worth a shit?

Games make you nervous, when you're with your buds, it's all in fun. Right? I rocked at basketball when playing with the team in a pickup game. Come game time, and I was 2nd string. I wasn't good like some of the guys who were born with it. Know those kind? You can throw a basketball at them, and they will catch it, throw it haphazardly in the air, and swish, and they never woke up from their nap. I could handle myself on the court, but I had to work at it. I had to dribble a ball all de' time in order to be on a level with those guys.

I just choked on the court, when the pressure was on. If I could have found out how to release all the positive energy at game time that I had flowing through me when I was fucking around with my buds, I would have started every game, not just started 5 or 6 games a year.

Have fun man. Concentrate. Find your zen, your center. Invite death and decay in the circle with you, then, when you see the shocked looks on their faces at the sound of the hard iron door slamming behind them, smile like only a beast in the jungle smiles at a sleeping deer. Then just run, man. Just fucking run. Smiling. Catch that beach ball, it's a beach ball. Not a hard, fast, knive-like spiraling pigskin, it's a beach ball. Just leap up, tag it, and run like a black man when somebody yells snake.

Sleek. Been there, done that with the whole turning 19 thing. Fucking sucked. Nobody was ever 19. you're either 16 or 18 or 21 or 25. Not fucking 19. Or, like me, not 23. Who the fuck turns 23? Old bastards do, that's who.

I have to admit something. When I turned 23, on Sept. 13, 2003 (thanks for the congrats, fucktards) I thought of something someone on this forum posted exactly one year back, when I turned 22. I think it was Threedogs that said,

"22, huh? So Retard, how does it feel to be one year closer to biological decadence?"

Damn. I harbored on that for weeks. It took a while for the guys in the white coats to convince me to take the gun barrel outta my mouth. mumble mumble... Lying motherphuckers. Gun was too loaded.

So, anyway, after much spam and various other gelatinous, pink meatstuffs, congratumalations on turning 19. May the goats you hump always be virgins, and the dog licking the peanut butter never nibble.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

What the fuck was that? Did I say zen? Damn mushrooms.

5. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Ah, 19. I can remember turning that golden age, when 18 falls away. Just two months after I graduated in July '03. That makes it a mere 2 months back.

AKA Welcome to the 'club'.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Hey Blinky, congrats on losing weight! I've probably gotta consider working out a little bit, not losing weight persay, just sculpting what i've let go since the cross country season ended almost a year ago...

Retard, I completely know what you mean by "no one was ever 19." It sure as fuck feels that way. Its like being invisible; the middle aged are condescending and still dont respect you, everyone thats in high school is too young and immature (even for me) and the people from 19-24 are all in college etc, or trying to find a job etc, its just hard to get established after high school i guess. So yeah, thanks Ron, thanks Retard.

I guess the best way to describe it is its like you work so hard to get established in high school, and then after you graduate life just pulls the carpet out from under your feet and theres quicksand waiting for you...

God dammit, this is the point where my body stops maturing and therefore begins to slowly age and decay! FUCK IT! I"M JOINGING A GYMN! :eek: :thumbup: :D

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I joined a gym back in June/July. I'm now the strongest I've ever been, and I've managed to reduce my gut back to 1996 levels, when it really wasn't that bad. Course, it's really hard for me to burn off fat, so actually getting rid of it all is going to be bloody hard.

Yes, the above post was all about me. However, I will now return to the topic at hand - being 19 sucks. You're not 18, and you're not 20. You've gotten over the "I'm 18 and can do all sorts of shit now!" stuff, you're in the middle of uni/college/whatever and yeah...it's a huge letdown. Kind of like going into limbo.

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Jar Jar, june/july huh?..... hmm, that was about the time that this was posted....
    [​IMG]
    did i make you feel inadequate about your manly muscular appearence (or lack thereof), i understand, not everyone can be blessed such as i have with brains and an incredibly buff body.

Retard, happy birthday mofo, no-one said happy birthday to me on my birthday (less than two months ago) either so i know how you felt when you loaded up the main site thinking there's going to be soo many congrat's and kudos's, finally G-D opens up and........................... nothing. Not one fucking thread dedicated soley to the miracle that was my...... i mean your birth..... insensitive, ungratful pricks the fucking lot of you.... i don't know why i put up with this kind of treatment and emotional abuse..... it's like you don't care.............. no, that can't be it...... i mean look at me, i'm gorgeous.

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

well happy belated birthday retard! and a happy birthday for you too mr nobodie! sorry if its a little late but i guess those threads are the two i havent posted in since i joined in july. i'll get them next time. :thumbup: :D

i'd like to add the songs "pizza day" and "super rad" by the aquabats to the song list i composed in my initial post.

the ones with asterics on the sides of them are the really best of my best list.

10. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

Happy birthday to Sleek and everyone else who had theirs and didn't mention it (I know Darkwalker had his sometime mid September)

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Happy birthday Sleek! Happy (delayed) birthday, mrnobodie and retard! :party: :party:
    Sleek, I don't know any of those bands. Are they all American?

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Other than the Toy Dolls yes... They are english, I'm not sure about the Adicts, but they're prolly American. My taste in music is one of the reasons i despise FM radio other than National Public Radio. If you've never heard of most of them and you live in america dont worry about it, unless for some reason you would feel bad about upholding the current status quo. In that case all i can suggest is that you go and burn all of your shitty linkin park cds, and never listen to metallica again.

13. Silvara

Silvara New Member

It was just curiosity, really. I don't live in America and I don't listen to either Metallica or Linkin Park (just for the record).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YAY! :thumbup:

Maybe now you'll start to write half-decent posts in complete sentences and not clutter up the forum with absolute crap and spam!

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

jesus christ...

may be someday you will stop bringing up the theory that everything i have to say is crap in more than 1 thread at a time within the space of 5 minutes... jeez.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on! Just look at all your posts! They all look like something you whacked together in 3 seconds flat. By the way, when you screw up, I never forget. So don't count on me to quit tormenting you! :lol:

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Both of you guys need to have a nice cup of shut the fuck up. Use PM's to bicker at each other - I don't want to read your pointless shit. Keep it up, and I'll be asking Jinxed if I can ban both of you.

18. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

But the bickering is so much fun to read! Not to mention how much fun it is to bicker...

Not that I've ever done any such thing, of course ;)

Our Host!