Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I believe that was reference to the Elves being wise and persuasive, speaking of the same 'living with the land' philosophy that the lizard tribes also hold in such great stead. It has nothing to do with magic, but in the meanings of their language.

2. cadaver

cadaver New Member

uhm I don't argue with that because I didn't played arcanum for a while now so I could be wrong (damn XP shit, it won't let me play arcanum:/)

and besides I know for sure I can put harm on you when I have a shield and a sword in my hands so why not another shield
    imo

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

4. Zen

Zen New Member

Ferret: I tried to say I did understand the magazine action, but not an "automatic cocking of the bow"..

You know; pulling the filament back?

- Zen

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Hmm... I dont know how it works. All spring loaded I guess. :/

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

the spring would have to be HUGE to pull back the string/ strings on a cross bow! and what would power that mechanism anyway?

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

More springs :p

Seriously, I don't know how it works, but you can get automatic crossbows with bolt magzaines.

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hey thats really cool... not really automatic though, its more along the lines of pump-action i think, but its still awesome even if it doesnt explain the one in the game

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Hmm.... not really what I've seen, but I guess it's the same sort of thing. The one I've seen had the clip on the underside and fed upward. The clip was black metal and plastic and held 20 bolts and you didn't need to pull a lever each time to load the clip.

It did take ages to load a new clip though, so there may have been some sort of spring loading or winding involved. For all I know, he had to wind a crank like a clockwork spring so that it released a bit each time you needed to draw the bar back. Anyway, I don't know how it worked, but I'm pretty sure it shot 20 bolts at a time before needing reworking.

11. Dark Elf

Media:
    Really? That sounds like a pretty mean piece of weaponry... say, is that bow equally powerful as an ordinary crossbow?

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I dunno. It kind of looked the same as the ones on Buffy, but I'm guessing it's going to be slightly less powerful in order for the auto-drawing mechanism for the bar to work. It still seemed to work well on rabbits from a couple of hundred feet. :)

13. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

For shooting so fast you need fast reload. And reload need great strengh for strong crossbow. There are crossbow in ancient China that need 3 man in a team to reload and shoot. Quite sure the repeater crossbow does not have the power and range of a normal crossbow of the smae size.

And...... maybe dual wield need more time to reload magzaines, or plain just can't reload magzaines. But you can equip two 1H crossbow and shoot all amno, then change weapon. But sure the crossbow is Machinized-auto-reloading one.

14. voidknight_27

voidknight_27 New Member

Duel weapon would do very well. One hand Kryggird's Fachion and the other Aerial Decapitator

15. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

It could also be where you have a main gun and a off hand like if your gun just happen to get jammed or blows up in your face then you you would have a backup gun.

16. Serak Vulnar

Serak Vulnar New Member

I've studied martial arts for 21 years and the dual weapons thing is only good for small weapons, short swords, escrima sticks, daggers. You run into weight and balance problems when you get into the larger weapons. And you run the risk of cutting yourself with larger weapons more than with the smaller weapons.

17. cadaver

cadaver New Member

seconds that
    /looks at legs

18. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Now I really wish I had my custom avatar. (Its normally a BM from FF casting a spell. Its what got me introduced to 8-bit, and started the HADOKEN! spree of mine...

Oh, I nearly fogot. STABBITY DEATH!

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    There's definately more to those old games than what meets the eye. Sure, the graphics are severely outdated by todays standards, but I'm of the opinion that some of the old SNES/NES titles are far superior to what's on the market today.

Take FF3 for example (or FF6 if you're not european). It's just marvellous. Granted, it's not the graphic blast it was back in the days when it was brand-new, but hey, the game still rocks hard, thanks to it's superior music and story. And then we have FF2, FF5, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia I & II, 7th Saga etc etc. Ah, the memories!

Of course, chances are that I'm just being nostalgic and pathetic, but truth is that I still play those games. All hail the chap who made ZSNES!

Or... are you talkin about this?

http://www.nuklearpower.com/

Great comics :thumbup:

20. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

i think that the inventory\things you wear, should have a picture of a hand, one on each side of the body,where as you can put sheilds or guns\swords in the hand you want, so you can have 2 sheilds, or to sords\guns or one of each

Our Host!