Broken items

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Balint, Oct 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Balint

Balint New Member

Not damaged, but broken, as in some clothing I have that provides a +20 REP. I can't find anything else like it, and I can't find anybody who can repair it. Is there more like it in the game, and it's only a matter of having the stuff randomly show up in select stores? If so, which stores should I check? Thanks. :)

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Try asking tailors to repair it.- unless it has gone completely red, then it is unfixable. Either way, check out the inventory of the tailors, they sell smocking jackets quote often. Now, if you're a female and it is your Sunday's Best Dress that was damaged, things will be more complicated. Try travelling from Hardin's Pass to Bedokaan's village, there's a special encounter there where you can find a +20 reaction dress.

3. Balint

Balint New Member

Bah--yes, it that kind of dress, because my spellcasting elf was a debutante. :rolleyes: Don't know if I still have the saved game from before that happened. Is there an Arcanum editor around that resets the broken flag on user-selected items?

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Go to terra-arcanum.com, to the list of locations. Find the one named Strange ceremony (its between Hardin's path and the Bedokaan village, like I said before). Go there, dispatch the Swamp Shambler, loot the corpse of the woman.

5. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

or you can go to razors point or something like that there is one too

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Out of curiosity.... Couldn't you just see if the local tailor has one in stock? I was just in Ashbury and the tailor had a Sunday's Best Dress, screenshot available upon request. Seems you're putting way too much effort into obtaining something that's commonly available.

Oh, and can't Maxim repair broken items?

7. Wolf

Wolf New Member

sunday's best dress? in my game it's elegant dress as well as small camp instead of strange ceremony. but im in australia so i guess the games a bit different. i also noticed that in the walkthrough theres a guy called sir leon or something and in my game its sir matt de cesare

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I may have gotten confused with the encouter name. Could be Small Camp. But both the Elegant Dress and Sunday's Best Dress exist in the game and give +20 reaction

9. Wolf

Wolf New Member

i have never come across sunday's best dress.

10. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Scroll through the Items Slideshow on terra-arcanum.com

11. Balint

Balint New Member

It's been some time since I've been there--and with my elf mage, never. ;) I'll check Caladon out, first.

12. Balint

Balint New Member

It's definitely not the Strange Ceremony. As my party is currently wandering around, I'll try the Small Camp, and if that doesn't work, try a ship to Caladon.

13. Balint

Balint New Member

The Strange Camp had that Shambling Mound, as well as the the elegant dress with a +20 Reaction. Thanks. :)

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

It is the Small Camp that has the Elegant Dress, Razor's Point the Sunday's Best Dress, same picture & +20 reaction but noisier, tafata or some such. Both will show up at the tailor's shops in Tarant & Ashbury. I think Ashbury has a slightly better chance on the Sunday's Best Dress.

The seamstress in Blackroot wears an Enchanted Dress, same picture & +20 reaction again, but Enchanted....

15. Sarcenbofo

Sarcenbofo New Member

caant believe no one metioned this...maybe he cant fix clothes but..armor and broke weps no prob so try maxim the master of repair in caladon

16. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Hi, welcome aboard & thanks for pointing out what all of us forgot to mention.

I always felt funny having my dress repaired by a blacksmith. :)

17. Balint

Balint New Member

"Pardon me, kind sir, but my best dress is, as you can see, sadly torn. Might I trouble you to lay aside that glowing weapon for a moment, and address this matter of some consequence to a poor, benighted damsel, alone and sore distressed?"

"Sartainly, miss. Here, just put tha' badly battered sleeve on tha' anvil, will ya? I'll take ma' great big hammer here, and ma' tongs, and have it in th' fire and out whole for ya before thee can say shit-a-brick."

:D

18. Canis

Canis New Member

One, he can fix clothes. Screenshot available upon request.

Two, I can't believe you missed the three posts in this thread which already mentioned Maxim and Caladon, starting with this one from twelve days ago:

Which wasn't so much of a question as it was a polite suggestion.

Three, I'm usually not this picky, especially as I'm attempting to lower my post per day average, but the goddamn supermarket strike has irritated me beyond expectation and I'm slightly more on edge than normal. I'll feel a lot better when I no longer have to visit five different stores all over town to do all my shopping. AND I STILL CAN'T FIND CARROTS WITH THEIR TOPS ATTACHED!!! :x

Four, if I completely misunderstood your post, disregard everything I've said. :)

19. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I havn't even seen carrots wearing greenery at any but a "natural & organic" supermarket for years. But I don't keep rabbits.

Taxonomicaly, carrots, parsley, parsnips, & Queen Ann's Lace are the same plant. Would your bunnies be happy with parsley?

20. Canis

Canis New Member

You're not going to believe this, but parsnips and Queen Anne's Lace are poisonous to rabbits. I'm not sure about parsley, I'd have to look it up. In the same fashion, Romaine lettuce is excellent but iceburg lettuce can be fatal. Oh, and apple fruit and wood are great, but apple seeds are not as they contain cyanide! Gotta be careful with rabbits: they're stronger than they look but if you feed them the wrong things they'll drop dead. Luckily they have excellent instincts when it comes to food, and if the item is bad they just won't eat it. That's how I've been able to let them run free in the back yard for years without incident.

You may also find this absurd as well, but around here only the big supermarkets carry carrots with their leaves still on. The smaller grocers and the health food stores and Trader Joe's all have them off. This weekend I'll have to go to the farmer's market and stock up, before I have some really pissed off bunnies on my hands.

:bunny:

Our Host!