Some General Ideas

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by YeaYea2001, Jul 15, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

First, for Tech. We need a teleport spell for techies. They could build something that transforms them into a light particle and you zap around. And we need arrow schematics. And we could have Poison Arrows, Electric Arrows and Fire Arrows. Also, we HAVE to have more variety in the effect of guns, I mean, the Long Range Pistol does almost the same things as a Fancy Revolver. We GOTTA have better graphics and animatics for guns. And we should have some REAL firepower, big ass shotguns and machine guns that can mow down a whole city. And cars!! We could have Bates invent cars!! And we could have rockets, primitive rockets, like the Chineese used to do.

For mages, we gotta get more variety on magic weapons. And we HAVE to kill those ANNOYING spell sounds like Agility of Fire. Not a whole lot to improve on mages. Make them harder. Mages are too easy.

For general gameplay, we could have a character that died roam Arcanum as a ghost and haunt people! Im having way too much fun with this :D :D :D :D :D

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

You've been playing way too much Dungeon Siege haven't you?

Don't blame you though... :wink:

3. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

4. xento

xento New Member

First of all, why have fire, poison, and electrical arrows? Why not just have bows that do that? Also, as for the teleport and car ideas, Vendigroth could open more possibilities then Bates. BTW, a steam powered car would be HUGE and SLOW! The first practical car was invented AFTER the internal combustion engine. Vendigroth could have that car thing easily, because they probably invented an engine better then an internal combustion one already, plus, the end slide for Vendgroth shows a resserected skeleton guy riding in a really cool green car. As for the teleporter, there should be a schematic found (or bought) in Vendigroth that lets you make "recievers". You would also find another schematic for something called a "sender". You would make recievers and set them someplace. Then, you use a sender and it would show you a picture of the area around all the recievers that you placed. You would then pick one and it would teleport you to that location.

5. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

Nah, I still think that having a device that turns you into a lighting bolt or light partical is cooler. And about the arrows, we could have arrows that have tips that explode. Or that have poisioned heads, or that discharge an electrical shock uppon striking. It could be really cool.

Some new ideas. We could buy warships, and random encounters at sea with sea monsters and pirates. And crossbows, slower ROF, but more damage. We could have horses to hire at towns, to make cross continent travel faster and to give you an edge in combat. Also, a little more outlandish idea, we could have a cigar as a weapon for assasination. It could have a bullet stuck in it so that the head faces the smoker, when he lights the cigar, BANG!! Also we need more common objects, drinks and cigars. Fruits and vegetables. Food will raise fatigue. We also need more varieties of clothing items, circlets, helms, magical bracelets and anklets. We also need food shops, shops that sell all kinds of food, steak, pies, vegetables, cookies, milk. I REALLY shouldnt do this when Im hungry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . We should also have witches be able to take off curses for a price. What else..........Ah!! Illegal substances, I know theres Dwarven Snuff but it does nothing. And there should be a spell for mages that allows you to raise a temporary bridge of earth over rivers, but have it cost TONS of fatigue to augment the usefulness. Oooo!!! And we could have a bank in every town, they would provide safety deposit boxes, chests with unlimited space for your stuff. They could loan you money!! Plus we could have people that pickpocket in the street. Serial killers too!! There could be a spell that makes the reciever go insane and attack the nerest person or animal!! Im having SO much fun with this :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

6. xento

xento New Member

You sure got some good ideas. I, also, have though about how useless alot of stuff in Arcanum is. Including the drinks and food. I figured, however, that drinks will raise fatigue and food will raise health. Also, good idea about the device 4 teleporting. Do you mean you want a device that would work just like the teleport spell? That is what that would do. However, both the teleport spell and the device should let you teleport anywhere... not just places marked with dots. Good idea about all those items too. But, as I said above, Arcanum needs to have more usefulness to some of it's stuff. Like vases, candles, and other things like that dont do anything! They are useless! If you have a pack of matches and a candle, you should be able to light it and carry it around, and it would give you light for a certain ammount of time. Depending on the candle size and matches you have. Also, there should be like yachts that sail the seas and you can pay for a voyage upon one. It would be scenic and you could find and learn stuff on the passenger boat.

7. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

I think if you gave the teleport spell/device acess to EVERYWHERE, it would make the game too easy.

8. xento

xento New Member

Maybe so, maybe not. Say, I was in Shrouded Hills and had just started the game and I wanted to skip to the Isle of Thanatos. I whipped out a device and teleported there. Now, this example MIGHT work, because I dont think any other variables are required for Naserdin to talk to you (his talking sets off the variables so you can finish the rest of the game). I go and talk to him and start out in the void. I wouldnt stand a chance against all those creatures. I would be too low a level. Now, if I wanted to go to the Isle of Despair, I probably couldnt say the right stuff to the sailor that would take me home, or the dwarf from the wheel clan. I wouldnt know the story yet. So, it just depends on how the variables are set up. But I see where you are comming from.

9. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

THe teleport spell is kinda cheap anyway. As i remember, when i was a mage, in shrouded hills, or Tarant, i met a person who told me or a location in the elven forests, on the other side of the mountains. I didnt, but i could have whipped out the teleport spell and gone, there, missing tons of gameplay. I cant really think of a way to make ther teleport spell without ruining the game sometimes, but it was useful, i grant you that.
    [/i]

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

For F**K'S SAKE!! Stop GRAVEDIGGING!! :x

11. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

12. twitchy6181

twitchy6181 New Member

You definitely have some very good ideas, i liked the random sea encounter idea alot, that would be really cool! And I totally agree that horses should be incorparated into the game as a faster means of land travel. I also think that there should be more town areas and many more NPC's and follower options. I also think that it would be cool if you could bribe people with sex, if you are an attractive character, that would be fun!

13. backstabber

backstabber New Member

14. xento

xento New Member

Ditto.

However, backstabber, if you had left it alone, it probably would have fallen back down the page.

15. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

I think it would be awesome if you could get a job such as an asassin or a bouty hunter or a pit fighter or (if they have means of transportation ) you could be a famous racer so on and so so on. The better you do your job the pay gets better people recognize you in the street and offer you jobs and such.Im jus saying you should have more of a coice how your characters story line is played out. and you could use your profession to aide in each of your goals.

16. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

It warms my heart to see my old username up here **Tear**

17. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, if this guy is who I think he is (or at least who he want us to think he is!), we're now talking about good old YeaYea2001. Banned for Smiley Abuse. Drama Queen extraordinarie, among other things.

But he DID actually reply to my first post. Can't forget such a thing, can I? :)

19. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Can we get back to the subject of the thread for just two words?

MECHANIZED CROSSBOW!

Ok that is all, you may return to off topic subject.......

20. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

Our Host!