It must be hell in the states right now....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormwell55, Sep 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

What with the recent power cuts and now this big old storm, it must pretty suck. Damn it why doesn't us brits get anything like that!

Anyway I mentioned to a friend of mine that Bush has fled to Camp David and he just laughed.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

To be specific, it must be hell to live in a place that gets hit by floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes on a regular basis. Not to mention the normal everyday crappy weather they get over there. Sheesh, people should be barred from living in a flood basin, or at least stop getting government bailouts when their house floats away every year.

Most of the rest of the continent, I'm happy to say, is doing more or less all right. Would you care to join me* for an afternoon of subtropical bliss? The weather's fine, and we've been immune to California's power troubles thanks to our very own plant.

*Freaks will be eaten at the door, and not in the good, kinky way either.

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Hey everyone! Glarrr, believe you me, it was hell. I was gone from Thursday until now because I had now power! No running water! I went over to a friend's house and hibernated. I hope you all weren't too bad whilst I was away. On the plus side, I didn't have school Thursday, Friday, or tomorrow. Yay!

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

wow! you didnt have power for that long? i guess you had it a lot worse than me, we only lost power for 20 hours not 4 days!

5. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Hey some people round where I live (East of England, UK) didn't have power for just over a week after the big old storm we had last october.

My house was fine, but my hard drive back then got fucked up and I had to get a new one.

Never run Window's Scandisk when the power is likely to go off, DAMN YOU BILL GATES!

Wait its 24:7, or whatever its called now, fualt. Dammit why didn't I sue them like everyone else did?!

6. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

No Matt, your parents are smart. :) :) :)

I live in NYC, and everyone was saying we were going to get killed. I think it rained for 2 hours and that's it.

8. Silvio-Arjunza

technically it would be my grandfather, who ran away from home, and moved over to the West Coast, but that's a different matter.... and my parents are smart! my dads really kool, if I want somethin, he usually helps me get it... :) and... and... I need a hug. but that's got nothing to do with anything... so who fared the worst? anyone get it worse than Snow? I know she got 4 days no power... anyone able to top that? anyone still outta power? say somethin if ya don't got power!! :lol: :D :lol:

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

how the fuck are you power distibution smart if you live on the west coast? all i ever saw on TV when i lived in LA county were public announcement commercials asking you make sure you conserve energy to avoid brown outs. and that whole enron scandal had a lot to do with power outages on the west coast as well, and is one of the reasons everyone is pissed at general gray davis!

10. Silvio-Arjunza

what'cha mean 'power distribution' ? I'm not understandin ya... :p so speak clearer... because that made no sense to me what so ever... :D :) :D

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

as in the west coast has had more than its share of major power outages over the last 5 years...

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Jeek, study geography. Washington is not in California, nor is Davis our govenor. Nor are we having a recall. Or Arnie. Thank God.

I cannot believe these Californidiots. The Republicans have spent the last 20 years trashing California's tax base, Bush's best budy led the bleed California dry with the electric scam movement, & when Davis can't undo the damage in 9 months, the Republicans buy a recall election & blame it all on Davis. :roll:

IIRC, Seattle City Light even sold them some power.

Our Host!