Wierd things happening on the Isle of Despair

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Corsarius, Sep 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Hi all

Strange things are afoot at the house of Maximillion.

When I was in conversation with him, suddenly I was attacked by Giant spiders (and a couple of the little ones too) which appeared from nowhere in the middle of the house! Maximillion ran for the door, and vanished!

Talk about wierd!

Oh, and where the heck can I find something better than a bladed boomerang? I'm getting up in the levels and it's just not cutting it (forgive the pun).

2. Derfud

Derfud New Member

You should be abke to find magickal boomerangs in some magick shops. Or go on the quest to get "Azram's Star"

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

If you're magick, there's plenty of magickal chakrams around, and if you talk to the Throwing Master in Black Root, you'll get a quest for Azram's star.
    If you're tech- you're in a bit of a trouble. The blacksmith in Ashbury carries a "balanced boomerang", don't remember if it any good. Look the locations list on terra-arcanum.com for the "old blind master", he has the Aerial Decapitator, the only decent tech throwing weapon around.

4. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

sorry, I'm a bit too technological for that sort of caper, and too good to go killing them all.

so I guess I'm stuck with the cruddy little boomerang until I get the star, huh?

Hey, do you get to keep the star after you become a 'master'?

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The Mystic Chakram, even in the hands of a techie, will do more damage than the Bladed Boomerang. I think the Serated Chakram will also.

Where are your grenades?

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Go Balanced Boomerang man, it isn't THAT good, but it's better than a regualr one.

To your yet unanswered question, the answer is simple, you got in a random encounter right at Maximilian's house, and he, like all npc's got "spooked" If you do some other Isle of DSespair quest he shoul;d snap out of it.

7. malditosgnomos

malditosgnomos New Member

Man go get the allmighty Aerial Decapitator. Best throwin weapon out there. The Old Blind Master has it, ull have to find him, cant remember coords so do a search in google (its a secret location, easter eggish).

Or better yet: just throw grenades! forget those silly boomerans and those stupid magickal flying pieces of crap! 'Nades ar for you! :lol:

8. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

lol :lol:

Our Host!