So, like what's been, like going down and stuff, yo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I think if you want to hunt deer, you don't need an uzi, so why is the NRA so adamant about the right to own machine guns? If you want to hunt, bring a shotgun or a rifle and hunt, you don't need the deer-tracker missle launching system to kill deer.

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Human whats?

Thanks Dragoon. I'm not back as in posting a lot, but I am trying to visit more often.

It's not that I particularly want to question it, but I do believe it's a valid question if asked by someone. I believe the motivation is generally sympathy for the deer. Some people oppose needless pain and death. I never have, but then I've never killed something for fun either. I'm probably sitting on the fence on this one, though possibly leaning towards coming down on the side of the deer. Hopefully without actually landing on the poor creature (the irony would be horrible).

Something about the phrasing of this made me chuckle. Maybe I'll write a story about a far-future world where the deer have taken over and humans live in fear.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

oh, you're saying dear are the suicide bombers of the natural world?

if we need to kill so many of them because our roads run through their homes, may be thats not a sign that there are too many dear, may be thats a sign that there are too many roads/people, or not enough land reserved for these deer. why dont we take all those wolves that are fucking with livestock so much that we need to mass kill them, and bringem down to the deer hunting areas? a dog is a lot easier to run over than a deer, and we wont need to do the hunting etc, and we wont need to wory about the wolves running down grazing calfs etc.

of course a lot of that idea is bullshit, i just think we need to make sure our hunting laws are not so strict that they degenerate the gene pool of an entire species to the point where recovery of population is impossible. no matter how much it fucks with economics, our roadways.

you think hitting a dear is tough on the car? (or the person in the car?) for every injury suffered y a human, i gurantee a deer was brutally killed. i saw one hit when i was 12 and it was the worst thing i've ever seen. it flew 3 feet in the air and skidded on its kneed and broken shins for about 15 feet, spinning like it was on ice, with its neck broken, but it still tried to get up and run away despite the blood pooring out of its shattered legs, eglecting the fact that its head wa irreversibly tisted upwards on the twisted, splintered vertebrae of its neck. these accidents might not be fun for the peope, but they sure as fuck cant be fun for the deer. RAISED HIGHWAYS would alleviate all of this.

and btw thanks for the truck drake! :lol: i've already got the anti-aircraft battery ready to install in its bed! mwahahahahaaaa!!!

4. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Oh, I see you want more taxes! Well if that happens I sure as hell ain't paying them. Fuck the deer. If they get hit by a car it was thier destiny. Like if I get hit by a car it was my destiny theres no way to change it. But If deer get hit by cars just send the deer to Gary Busey, He'll gladly pay for it because he likes to eat roadkill. that should cover the Dent, scratch, ect. ;)

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

But dude, if taxes are raised, its your DESTINY to pay them!

Destiny my ass! If God is so anal he wants to control when I piss everyday, and what time each week that j lo checks her ass to make sure it's still huge, than I don't feel like worshipping him! My version of God is laid back, doesn't really care what we do specifically, as long as we aren't complete assholes to each other, and really wants all of us to shut the fuck up and stop bitching! Why are we here? What is the meaning of life? Where do we go when we die? WHO THE FUCK CARES WHERE WE GO! WE'RE FUCKING DEAD!! It's not like you get to enjoy it! If your in a fiery hell, a nice green little field, or some big black abyss, you're still fucking dead! Why don't people worry about living and not acting like complete morons by trying to answer questions about life that, when they finally get the answers, they won't care about them! When I'm dead, I won't care where I am. I'll be dead, and it'll suck regardless of if I'm in heaven or hell.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

dont know what it is with people in this country and hating new taxes, especially paying for them. conservatives cry out for lower taxes, and liberals cry out for lower taes, but both are always complaining about schools and deficits (though we do need to elect more qualified people to discern how we spend this money) but how the hell are we going to keep everything the way it is financially and make all these problems go away? i actually have a solution to THIS problem... CUT MILITARY SPENDING MOTHER FUCKERS! think about how much the world would love us if we took all the money we spend carpet bombing them and used it to clothe, feed, and educate them! you might say "thats ridiculous, we need defenses!" ut why would we need defending if everyone loves us? i KNOW we need a military, but do we really need to spend at million dollars on the thousandth phoenix missile? we could take that million and give it to our own school teachers so they dont have to buy their own school supplies because we dont care enough to supply them... there are trillions of dollars put into our millitary, but only millions spent on the education i recieved over the last 2 years.

when did god start having anything to do with this?

<edit> holy shit i'm an ageless blade! thats a lot of posts since june... or whenever my first post was...

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Did you JUST realize that dude?

Sorry about the God thing, I was rambling. I do that alot.

Dude that 1000 Patriots for a million dollars is SO wrong. You can't even get 1 patriot for a million. But then again, we STILL make 1000 of them, so what's that say about military spending. reminds me of a bumper sticker I once say that says, "Wouldn't it be great if schools were given all the money they need, and the military had a bake sale to buy a bomber?"

Makes sense to me. Bullet diplomacy will only make people hate you, and raise the body count. And I think enough people hate the US, and the death toll is high enough.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ok i said one million dollars for the thousandTH PHOENIX missile, which is one of the nice big fat guided missiles they put on the bellies of f-16 hornets... those do cost a million. what i was trying to say though, is that if we took the money for ONE of those, we could improve the school system in a state by a million dollars (however that would improve it i dunno, but it would). sorry if that part was a little vague. whats the difference between having 1000, of them and 999 of them anyway?

who said that thing about millitary bake sales? was that bill mahr? i know i've heard that somewhere...

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I don't dismiss the fact that deer are killed or don't necessarily have, in your words, a "good time" when they are hit by a car, Sleek. I don't know about you, but I value a human life a lot more than a deer's.

10. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Hey retard , a law was passed a few days ago to allow alligators to be hunted in Georgia. In fact , I just got back from an alligator hunt. The price for alligator skin is so low this year. I tagged out on the first day. A shot inbetween the eyes from my trusty 30-30 is a force to be reckoned with.

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

30-30 huh? how much damage does it do? what components do i need to make one? does it do good fatigue damage?

12. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

13. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

"Buuuurrrrnnnn"

From now on I'll have the mental image of Bayou as Steve Irwin.

And yes I know that he is the Crocodile Hunter, assholes.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

OOOOOOOO he called you an :asshole:

How can butchering an alligator be fun? Is it the thrill of the hunt that comes with attacking animals with high-powered weaponry. If you wrestled the alligator and skinned it alive with a buck knife, THEN I would be impressed, but you can't brag about killing anything with a gun, really. It's a 30-30 vs. an alligator! It's not like the thing had a fucking chance!

15. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Trust me , alligator hunting is ALOT less glamourous than it seems. alot of work really. How could you feel sorry for a gator? I don't even bother buthering them anymore. I sell them right out of the marsh.

16. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Look, the reason we pay taxes is for the better of our government. Yes, they want the oil but without it, our economy would fail because oil is a big company with more money than has been spent on the planet earth and without it we would all run out of our own money trying to support our government. Sure... War isn't good but its human nature and you are not one to question that nature. War has been on earth longer than anyone can remember and most of them were about more stupid things than right now but, thats human nature and there's no way to stop human nature unless every human on this earth were dead. You must remeber that since companies are putting jobs over seas for cheaper labor, we are starting a to lose more and more of our economy so without this oil we'd all have nothing but ourselves fighting over twinkies.

If you want no money for our government fine! Bur wothout it this couldn't be America. Just because we have soldiers and wepaons doesn't mean we can't be defeated. Thats why we need our Government, thats why we don't need to raise highways, thats why we need the oil! let me repeat that...

!lio eth deen ew yhw staht ,syawhgih esiar ot deen t'nod ew yhw staht ,tnemnrevoG rou deen ew yhw staht...

Thats why we need our Government, thats why we don't need to raise highways, thats why we need the oil! :) :) :)

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

And if Bush hadn't have raped the fucking economy like he did, we wouldn't need war! Yea fine, war is in our nature, we are all evil, but we enter a society and become civilized so we don't have to live only pleasing our most animal urges. I don't just smack snowy or canis with a club and drag them back to my cave because I'm civilized! I want money for our government. Specifically, I want the billions of dollars that bush has wasted on this war back for our government. If we built up stronger infrastructure instead of running off the stolen economies of 3rd world nations, than maybe we could have some fucking stability in this country again. The only thing remotely correct in that statement is the first sentence, it all goes downhill from there. This country doesn't need this war, it needs a president who isn't a fucking moron.

18. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

You have a Point there. But how do you classify Civilized? You call sitting at home and making peace with everyone Civilized? No. You cannot hide your human nature it shows. Civilized is the biggest classification of Human Nature and In all human nature to be Civilized we must fight for it. :)

Now I have a question for DU. Where is Part 5 of your AMTUT or whaterver? I can't find it online.

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

He didn't finish it, if you read any of his site you would pick up on that. I would like him to do it. Pretty please with pre-weeded oceans and working teleport scripts on top :D.

What the hell is that supposed to mean though Drake? We don't need to fight for jack shit! It isn't our job to civilize the rest of the world. And invading them and basically taking over their country isn't a very good way of promoting civilization. "Look kids, if you become like us, you can kill each other with laser guided missles and nukes instead of dinky little rifles!" I don't advocate letting people bitch us around, but if there is no point in fighting, why the fuck should we fight? There is no purpose to it. Oh and even if we need that oil to support ourselves, it does belong to someone. There are laws against robbery, and whether it's done on a national level or not shouldn't make a difference.

20. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Our Host!