dont hate da US I just love her so much but she hurts me bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Sep 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

retard

i dont think being pro-family is a bad thing, i also dont think that being of high morals is a bad thing, but preconcieved notions of these based on strict interpretation of religion, or zealous reverence for something as superlative as the american flag will always seperate what is known as the UNITED states of america. pro-family values, and high morals are not bad. forcing your own morals on other people, and preaching your opinion of what a "family" constitutes is not democracy, its fascism. when i spoke of being anti-family and anti-moral i mean the groups that claim to be pro-family and high morals, like christian action an other groups. their idea of a family is one father one mother 6 children (no birth control) and protestant mass every sunday. this would be ok with me if similar organizations didnt decide they needed to get involved with keeping gay marriage illegal, and keeping birth control out of the hands of teenagers (who are going to have sex anyway, trust me).

(a few decades ago i would have added race mixing as an example, but thank god we've got some progressive thinkers in the white house otherwise we'd still have a segregated south...)

but trust me, i am not anti-family in terms of having a core group of individuals related to you that support you and love you in everyday life, and i am not against showing restraint based upon certain preconcieved values, but i certainly dont want anyone dictating to me what those values are.

you want an example of what i think would be a better system? if people would grow the fuck up and stop arguing over what people can and cannot do as long as it doesnt harm anyone. if you think two guys/girls kissing is gross fine! just dont look! if you think you can stop teenagers from having sex by taking their condoms away, and then bombing the teen pregnancy center on the corner, then i dont know what it is you're smoking but it must be some trippy shit.

as for the flag, its just a victim of association. what was once a symbol of a successful rebellion, and the freedom of a once oppressed people, is now a symbol of the richest, fattest, most self-righteous arrogant people in the world. the flag is not a sacrosanct symbol, nor is it a bane on my existence, it is just the flag of a nation amongst other flags of nations.

blinky

why shouldnt you criticize bush? i have ideas for ways we could handle things differently, name a topic and i'll discuss it if you want proof, theres to much i'm angry and brooding over at any one time for me to give examples. i have issues with AMERICANS not america. i am american, and for all my bs i DO like it here. and plenty of the girls will fuck me thank you very much...

what values do you think i'm against? i'm against oppressing gays, i'm against telling people to "love it or leave it" as threedogs put it, i'm against forcing your own system of morals on others, and i'm against teaching religion in school, and i'm against cencorship. i'm also against murder and drug use (though i have suspicions as to the tangible harmfullness of marijuana (though i've never tried it myself)).

and for the most part i do believe that if you round off the decimal points and carry the three that canada should even out as a better US. they have free health care, and better taxation, and i hear they just de-criminalized medicinal marijuana. also they have fair and even representation of political parties due to their parliamentry system of government, and better environmental policies than the United States...

oh, and no one hates them.

and about me saying anyone should be denied the right to post in this forum, i was just joking. fallout 2 is an awesome troika game, and you should try it out...[/quote]

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Slow down Sleek Jeek. Half the threads in the General discussion are started by you, and neither of them makes any sense whatsoever. You hijack every single thread to make it yet another political mud wrestling match. Something tells me that you're about to earn yourself a reputation similar to the one CharlesBHoff has.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Yeah, and I can't be fucked to contribute to a board where I feel compelled to defend myself, my country and my way of life against my fellow country man. Congrats Slick Shit. You can have it.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

bah, whatever.

sorry if i talk about this stuff too much.

no more political garbage for a while then, it is kind of a downer isnt it?

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Re: dont hate da US I just love her so much but she hurts me

Retard, I really can't immagine you as beling silent.

Anyone who wants to bugger Mary Kate & Ashley is not of high morals. While you may be pro family, anyone over 6 who wants anything to do with the twin icons of plastic & hype is sick & perverted, two of your best qualities.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ok, just so this thread isnt completely wothless, i'd like to post this thing i found on the fron page of the best flash/shockwave sight ever newgrounds
    this is the best shockwave game i've ever played, graphically and gameplay-wise, its just awesome. i wish it was a little longer though...

oh well here it is gunny bunny

7. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

Here's an idea Sleek, why don't you stop getting a boner off of being so anti-Government anti-American. That or stop writing your bullshit here, and write your congress-man. If you've got that many ideas. I'm sure you can run the country better than anyone else, I mean you did pass highschool, so next stop Washington D.C.!

That or you can start an anarchy fueled homo-erotic punk band with people who share your ideas and sexual orientation. And then after sets at the local club you can circle jerk one another off in a van.

It has you written all over it.

EDIT: The picture doesn't work and I don't feel like hosting it someplace else, but I assure you, you can fuck off JUST the same.

Eat shit.

8. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I'm sorry to interupt but, that was really harsh.

Ok, continue.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Why do gays circle jerk though? If the symbol of homosexuality is the triangle, I think, shouldn't they triangle jerk each other?

What's wrong with preaching Sleek? If you don't like what they are saying, don't listen. You want to be all liberal? Well that whole, everyone should have equal rights thing we libs preach applies to everyone. I might not like some of the drivel some stupid republicans spew, none of the reps in the room being the stupid republicans btw, but they still have a right to say it. I'm fed up with these wanna be liberals like Sharpton who say, oh everyone should be equal, but really mean that blacks should be superior, or women should rule, or gays need to run our society. NO, IF WE'RE FUCKING EQUAL, WE'RE EQUAL! If I want to say eating babies is fun, I have that right, no matter how many people despise me for it. And if Cheney wants to say he doesn't like black people, not actually taken from something he said, then even though he's going to piss all the black people off, he still has the fucking right to say it! This whole politically correct system is bs! If we are going to be eqaul, we are equal, you don't see me crying because someone called me white instead of European-American, so why are the African-Americans so god damn mad!

EDIT: Oh yea Sleek, keep eating shit! :-x

10. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

You know, Sleek may spam and write about politics a whole lot, and may be a bit defensive about his views, but not the only one on this board who does any or all of those things. Even if he's not utterly accurate on every point, I think it's great that he questions that shit he's fed from the media, that he questions his government. Critical thinking is perhaps the most vital aspect of a functioning democracy. Now, critical thinking doesn't mean you understand everything in five minutes, but anyone who does not question conventioanl wisdom will ever be anything but ignorant. Sleek, like the rest of us, may still be ignorant, but he's hashing out what he believes. He's questioning. He's trying to be LESS ignorant. And I think that's a hell of a lot more forgivable than choosing ignorance, whether that ignorance be of other cultures, the real motivations that drive those in power, or the faults in one's own beloved nation. So no, Sleek, don't eat shit. Stop with the annoying sigs, but don't eat shit.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Yea, it is great to question everything you see, and to take everything with a grain of salt, but when you present your ideas like you've done some tremendous amount of research on the topic, and act like you can back up stupid ideas even though you can't, that starts to annoy the hell out of me. I came to the same conclusions as Sleek did one night; I was so drunk I thought that my garbage can was a stool. These crackpot ideas he presents have no real basis in fact, or in fiction for that matter. Questioning and trying not to be ignorant is great, but you don't need to share your quest for knowledge so damn much, then it gets annoying as fuck.

12. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I dunno. If you look above, Sleek posted some evidence for what he believes, gave a reasonably well thought out presentation of his views and why he believes them, and was attacked ad hominem in return. Nobody who disagreed with him argued with him on his points. They called him gay and ordered him to eat shit. Now maybe a forum on a video game is not the best place to vociferously pander one's politics, but lambasting him with such vulgarity hardly merits the moral highground, or highground of any sort, really.

EDIT: AND he apologized for talking too much about politics. And then he tried to change subject by sharing something he thought we might like, obviously in an attempt to clear the air. And people STILL found it necessary to hurl bile at him.

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Dude, there are so many other threads where people have fought with him, if they did it in every one, they would spam as much as he does. And it's not as if I really disagree with any of his points on a basic level, it's just that his don't exceed the basic level, yet he still presents them like he just cured cancer or some shit! As for my bile spewing, sorry about that, I have a stomach disorder :lol: .

Like I said, on a basic level most of his views are shared by me, but if he needs to come up with stouter, more reasonable arguments, and have the knowledge to back them up. There are one or two of his points that are completely abhorable. He said in some other thread that the U.S. Flag is just a colored rag, which is completely out in left field. If it wasn't for the U.S. being the way it is, he wouldn't have the right to tell us his opinions of it, and I think he should show more respect to this country, and the thousands of men and women who died to make it the way it is. I don't agree with alot of the things te U.S. does, but I still love this country which, despite his naming this post the way he did, I have trouble believing he does. Even if you do say he "loves" America, there is a definate air of ingratitude about him whih seems to say that he doesn't need this country, that America is lucky to have HIM be here.

I have nothing wrong with him speaking his mind, but I advise him to think before he types, and stop acting like you've come upon some great revelation in thinking, because every semi-intelligent liberal in the world has come upon the same conclusions as you have.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

GOD DAMMIT I"M NOT GAY!!!!! it just pisses me off when people talk down about them like they were born that way, or that they're just faking it and sending them to camp will fix'em. ive got some gay friends, and they're perfectly fine human beings, the only difference between us and them is that we draw attention to the fact that there IS an "us" and there is a "them" but we dont point out that it doesnt matter!

thanks for all the de-constructive lambasting guys! (and thank you to those who've defended me to some degree) but i hold my highest thanks to those who've presented an informed argument/criticism as a rebut to my views/rantings. they've been the most helpful...whoever they are.

blinky:
    when i said that the american flag was just a colored rag i meant that it has no inherrant value/meaning other than that which we imagine in it. if in that read you see the blood of all the people that dies in our wars for that flag well then good for you. but in the blue i see the tears of afghani widows.

please explain to me how i have crackpot ideas? how is nothing i say based in reality? SHOW ME DEAR CALLICLES! SHOW ME MY ERR THAT I MAY CORRECT IT AND BE MORE PERFECT THAN I WAS BEFORE!

ps i like how you refer to me as HIM, like i'm better than god and i deserve all capitol letters instead of just the first one. thanks! :lol:

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well for one, if you want to be more perfect change your sig. Again. The stupid moving sigs aren't funny dude, I don't even know what the fuck they are saying!

As to your arguments, one thing is, which I think I mentioned befor ebut it was buried in words, don't group preaching and forcing ideas on people in the same category. It's good to preach, to share your opinion with people. When you start to dwell on something to the point of almost purposely annoying everyone around you, then it's being pushed. Making people believe what you believe is the extreme of spreading your ideas, and like most extremes, it isn't right, but you shouldn't condemn preaching for it. That would be like condemning love because some people tkae it to the extreme of stalking.

Don't try and get all super-cosmically meaningful with me about the tears of the Afghani widows. First, most of them weren't smiling all to much when their husbands were beating and stoning them. And second, I'm not some hawk that is in support of this Iraq war, or most wars for that matter. I felt the Afghani war was more justified than the Iraq war, but I still hate the fact that our country is so belligerent as to only have that as a resort. The only reason we have problems with terrorism in the first place is the fact we push people around so damn much.

It is sad that everyone assumes you're gay if you defend homosexuals. I've been called me gay before, but honestly dude, if nothings wrong with being gay, why are you letting it get to you. When I say it, I'm joking, and anyone who isn't joking is simply proving their own ignorance, so why bother?

Our Host!