Whats your favorite movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drake Crowind, Sep 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which was the best over all?

1. Lord of the Rings 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tomb Raider and the Cradle of life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Matrix: Reloaded

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (on DVD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bruce Almighty?? (maybe?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Hmm... my favorite movie's this year are: Tomb raider 2, Lord of the rings 2 (on dvd), and the matrix 2 (sorta).

Hmm.. come to think of it it seems to be all sequels... oh well...

If you haven't heard... Harry Potter And the Prisoner of Azkaban movie is comming this late fall or probably christmas
    Now I can't say im excited... because im not Ive read five of his books... and they just keep getting.... harder for him...(It might me puberty) he always seems to get in trouble and "Magickly" (pun intended) get out of it and ride off into the sunset or whatever... my god after reviewing all his books... I feel like a complete and total loser... Oh well (tosses five expensive harry potter books down the garbage shute) ...Oh shit what have I done!!!! :eek: those were 60 dollars a book!!!! arggghhhh!!!!! oh well... ill just kill virgil for fun... Hey! Virgil, come here!!!! :D

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Oh... favorite movie of this year. So far LotR, TTT but it ain't over yet.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I had to choose "Bruce Almighty", just because I can't stand being serious, or at least pretend to. Please feel free to put an "unsophisticated" sign on my back.

About your book problems - this is why you never purchase books unless you're really sure that you'll like them. Instead, you borrow them from your friends, "forget" about returning them until they've forgotten, and then, well, you've got yourself a free book :D . The method isn't 100% accurate though, expect some whining along the way.

4. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I almost left out My most favorite movie of all time!!! Resident Evil... I love the game I own all the stuff for it (games, t. shirts, ect. :-o ) That movie was so close to Resident Evil realness it was like they were molesting each other.... And to think it was an underbudget film.... man it sure gave me a ride... :) (ok "man" and "ride" should not be in the same sentece unless your a woman. otherwise thats just wrong)

5. Canis

Canis New Member

Late 2004, actually. Currently I'm irritated because John Cleese says Nearly Headless Nick won't be in it (though I hear Peeves will), and because one of the production shots I saw suggests that Sirius will be played by a fat black Labrador with the standard docile floppy ears. God I hope that was a joke. Maybe it was just somebody's pet got loose on the set.

Why didn't you mention Pirates of the Caribbean? Johnny Depp was a joy in that role. Best Pirate Captain Ever. I never get tired of watching him, listening to him, thinking about him..... :sigh:

HA!!!

Matrix Reloaded was a boring, pretentious piece of crap. I wasn't even overly impressed with the special effects. I figured, even if the movie sucks I'll still be amused by the eye candy, right? Wrong. Needless to say I won't even bat an eye when the third installment comes out.

Oh! Johnny English! Didn't you see Johnny English! It was hilarious, I just love Rowan Atkinson. I hadn't laughed that hard in ages.

Reminds me.... Some movie just came out, Cabin Fever or some such, and one of the actors is named Rider Strong. Sounds like one of Leno's Headlines gags.

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I love that scene, I love that movie, and I love Johnny Depp.

7. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

From the choices above I have to pick LOTR2 though I have to admit there are a few dialogs in Bruce Almighty which grant that movie a high rank on my list. TR2 sucks completely, there's nothing to get excited about in that one except for Angelina. Matrix: Reloaded was another strong disappointment for me.

Now as for movies you didn't mention Gangs of New York, White Oleander and The Life of David Gale are great. And let's not forget wonderfully entertaining Chicago.

But so far the best movie of this year is definitely 25th Hour. A brutally true movie indeed.

8. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I do need to kick myself for forgetting Resident evil and Pirates of the Carribean.. (oww) But those movies you just metioned are kinda low... I mean Chicago is a musical and not very many people go to musicals. (except cultural people... hmm you must be cultural cool!) but they rave about how cool it is then you to see it and it sucks... take the matrix for example.... :roll: and as for tomb raider... yes the story sucked (like tomb raider the angel of darkness which I had the time to play and beat.) but come on you gotta admit Angelina looks pretty good in a wet suit.... :) but I would like to see much better story (as well as her... uhh... funbags?) and more guns.

Although I do like the soundtrack for the AOD.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Canis. I knew there was a reason that I secretley make hand love to you every night. Thank you for reminding me about Johnny English. Only saw the previews once, on a dvd I rented, and I had forgotten about it. I now have it written down, so I won't forget. Thank you.

I love you.

10. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

The lord of the Rings 2 , could have been better stated as The Two Towers. Kill the gaters!!

11. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

By the way I was crusin' on winmx looking for Kung Pow 2 (after seeing the end to the first one and wondered if there really was a second one.) I came across a song (In the movie file section? Wtf?) called : Hate breed - Kill all the Ni**ers

heh... racist band :lol:

12. gargob

gargob New Member

Dead Poets Society.
    I just like it. It's a masterpiece. A work of art.
    I also like Meet the Parents.
    This year I like Pirates of the Caribbean.

13. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You forgot the "this year" part. :)

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i'm going to predict that the best movie is the return of the king (dec 17th!!!!) wow that trilogy didnt take any time at all... fuck starwars! fuck george lucas! and fuck jarjar binks right in the ass!

15. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I didn't like any of those movie choices.... I think that Underworld looks good... though I'm not going to see it until tomarrow, so if your thinking of seeing it wait a day or two before seeing it, and you'll know my opinion on it. (note: I have this obsession with Vamps, so if I say its bad then it blows... majorly)

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

congratulations, you are now one of many freshman/middle school american children being swept up in what is going to become the second wave of gothic garbage. there are to many "hot topics" in our malls.

this is a subject on which i am extremely conflicted. the hot topic store is kind of an enigma to me; all the ones i've ever been to always have one side of the store full of great independant music ( i think i've mentioned the bands "cave in" and "...and you will know us by the trail of dead" in previous threads...) but then the rest of the store is full of care bear shirts, stupid plastic spiked braislets, and good charlotte t-shirts... the whole paradox of poseurdom and good music becoming available to the public has me torn... do people who buy good charlotte -shirts and neon-orange care bear bracelets deseve to hear this good music? the gothic action figures are ridiculous too, but at least they have adult swim t-shirts...

*a lot of you non-americans (heathens/atheists/queerboys/heroin addicts/australians as we call you in america) may not understand what i'm talking about but dont worry about it, you're better off for it.

17. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I'd kill the mofo that put GC in Hot Topic.

I like it there for one reason: The cool finger armor ring thingys!
    But I could never afford something as classy as that. :cry:

18. Settler

Settler Member

There's a local movie playing now, The Rage in Placid Lake - I haven't seen anything of it, haven't heard anything except the main plot, but it sounds pretty good: stereotypical teenage rebel (with uber-hippie parents, hence Placid Lake) falls off a building.

Oh, yes, that would have been good enough, I know, but when he wakes up, he wants to work in insurance. I like.

19. Milo

Milo New Member

OUt of all the movies on the poll, I've seen Matrix 2 and Lord of the Rings 2. They were both just ok, I thought. The siege at Helms Deep (??) was a cool scene, but I don't know... Frodo ruins the whole thing for me. The guy that plays him, his facial expressions bug the shit out of me. As some one who's never read the books, the movies strike me as appealing more towards Tolkien fans than people that are totally new to the stuff.

Matrix: Reloaded left me in a kind of "yeah ok what the fuck? the next one better be good" state of mind. The first oh, 45 minutes where mind-bogglingly boring, and the end was confusing to me. It did have some nice action scenes, though, and that's what I wanted out of it.

Today I just saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico which disappointed me. Somewhere towards the middle, I stopped and thought "wait... what's going on?". There was also a huge lack of Salma in it. She was in like 5 scenes in the whole movie. For three of them she was a dead body (OMG SPOILER), and in one of them she was pregnant (wtf). Oh yeah, and it had Enrique Iglesias. Shit. On the upside, Johnny Depp was totally cool in this movie. He made the movie, in my opinion.

I'm still holding out hope for this year, though. The trailer for Kill Bill looked pretty good. It's coming out in November. I'm really looking forward to that one. Uma Thurman is so hot.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

its a shame that they dont cancel the academy awards during years with no GOOD movies, but they still fuck up the awards when tehre are tons of them anyway.

i'm still infuriated that the italian braveheart (gladiator) won best picture over crouching tiger hidden dragon. gladiator was a good movie but why is everyone so rectally obsessed with russel crowe? jarinor don't tell me its because hes from your hometown or something, he wasnt that great in gladiator, and robbng CTHD of est movie just because RC's movie the previous year was robbed is not justice. (that movie about the tobacco informant... "the insider").
    all i'm trying to say is that crouching tiger hidden dragon was pure platinum pieces compared to the pile of unoriginal drivel with-roman empire-spin-"plus we'll kill the main character so every idiot that sees it will think it is deep and touching despite its lack of real substance"

personally i think it has something to do with the judging system, i've read that the academy judges almost never watch EVERY movie, but just pick ones rom their favorite directors/actors. of course it probably also has to do with the fact that it was a foreign film, and it had subtitles.... stupid illiterate american compatriots of mine...

Our Host!