To those of you not in the states

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Sep 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I have decided that I want to leave this stupid country next Fall (when I go to college) so you should all tell me about some cool colleges in your country of choice. The only small detail is I only speak english, although I can read and write spanish.

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Go north young man. The Canadaians speak english, you can get there by car (mostly), and their money makes ours look like it is worth something. The thought of paying tutition on a three / two ratio should be something.

3. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

CANADA!? That place is a hot bed of terrorism and SARS! :-o
    Trust me, you don't want to go there. :thumbdown:

4. Milo

Milo New Member

Agreed.

http://www.uog.edu/. It's the only option.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  6. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

http://www.ccn.ac.uk/site/default.asp

Norwich City College, England.

Welcomes international students, in the middle of nowhere (well about 100 miles north of London), theres a University very close by, a number of nightclubs and you should see the girls ;)

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

What do you want to study?

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

you know i bet if all the liberals like me just left the USA we'd eventually vote charlie daniels into office. (nuclear fallout would then follow)

and who really needs to deal with the rad scorpions? as long as my vote counts for something i'm staying here.

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Eh??? Sleek, what are you thinking about? I know that the topic in threads changes over time, but what you have just posted makes no sense, and it has NOTHING to do with the topic (which is colleges outside the states, supposedly). If it's supposed to make sense please explain it to me. It's late and I'm tired, but I don't think that's the problem... :roll:

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I was actually going to evolve it to the good points of Canada right now, but seriously dude, that's pushing it. You should have saved that post for a day or so, knowing the GD area we would be on how the US sucks and our politics by then.

But my original point was going to be, Canada is an alright place to go. It's alot safer in Canada. Like 100 murders a year, where the US has how many. And it's not like there are no guns, or crap like that in Canada, it's something else. Maybe the legal weed... :cool:_ :stoner2: :smoke: :hippy: But, I don't know, alot of it does depend on what you want to major in. For instance, if you want to be a professional horticulture expert, aka lawn guy, Mexico has some terrific opprotunities...

11. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

There are no good points in Canada! Its all thier fault America has Bush For president! And its thier fault for Sars! I knew being so nice has it conciquences. :drunk:

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Come to Australia - the drinking age is 18, and local beers are actually very good. Oh yeah, overpopulation is something used to describe other countries, most of the country never sees snow, and it's pretty good weather all year round. All you have to look out for are the numerous deadly animals, bushfires and drought. But apart from those minor detractions, it's the best place on Earth.

Just don't go to Sydney.

13. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Jarinor, what is wrong with Sydney?
    You austrailians keeping secrets or something?
    lets see here... Ohh trying to hide weapons of mass destruction eh? thought we wouldn't find them?
    Well now what do you gotta say for yourself? :???:

(And if you hadn't noticed all the senteces all ended with question marks. Just thought i'd let you know.)

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Uh oh, now Bush is going to read this and think it's some top secret military site and attack Australia! And that sucks too! Aussie beer is the BEST for beer pong. Never use Natural Ice, it tastes like Natural Ass. That's my advice for the day. :)

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

why do you need local beers? i thought you all drank fosters!

jk i know you all hate it supposedly...

but yeah, about that last post i made...
    charlie daniels is the fiddle player that wrote "the devil went down to georgia" and is EXTREMELY conservative, (and a complete idiot if you ask me, though i respect his music) and he just came out with a new book of political orientation, and is full of reams and ream of absolute bullshit propaganda involving the sanctity of the american flag (its titled "AINT NO RAG" so i guess it also promotes illiteracy). of course his following is surprisingly large amongst those of "high moral/pro-family standards" in the southern states...

here is a link to his web site http://www.charliedaniels.com/

heres a link to his message board (you'll see what i'm talking about in terms of his fans) http://www.charliedaniels.com/Forum/

and here are a few articles by the man himself: http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox/soapbox.html

with this kind of "highly moral/religious" person in office i'd assume we'd soon declare war on china/iran/pakistan/mexico/north korea in time, considering the fact that our current president is an ex-coke head of the same moral orientation, think of the damage a sober one could cause.

and if you dont know what a radscorpion is then you dont deserve to pot in this forum... or any troika oriented forum for that matter...

16. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I must admit, out of all the beer Austrailia is the best.

And the worst is Canadian Beer it tastes like Moose piss.
    But I wana know something: We have an outback steakhouse here but, do they have one in australia?

17. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Not true. The best beer is Czech.

18. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Czech is probably really lame.
    Iv'e never been there before so I don't know
    but, I never heard of a country Pronounced "Check".
    Thats the only word that I want to hear coming from my bosses mouth if that ever happens.

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i like corona... mexican beer/tequilla is awesome, specially with a nice slice of lime in the longneck.

20. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Mexican beer is made from their spit. We don't have good beer in america either... it tastes like sperm. (bleagghhk slaty)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!